Table Saw Storage-Outfeed Table

Nice!

I like the idea of the two MC jacks to tweak the outfeed into level. The large footprint helps to stabilize the cabinet. Another alternative might be a couple of auto scissor jacks. you might have to build a surrounding box to distribute the weight out from a central mounting location and extend the wrench for the jacks. However, they are more common, cheaper, and readily available at an auto junk yard.

@schnewj - I thought about the automobile scissor jacks but they were taller than these jacks when collapsed (at least the ones I found). I was since the goal was for this to also fit under the extension table and storage, I wanted something that would allow me the most height for the cabinet.  I could have used shorter casters, but I have found the shorter ones do not go over cords and such as easily.

As for stability, they are heavy and they are very stable. The most trouble I had with this project was getting the cabinet attached to the stands. There was not a lot of room inside the stands, even when raised to full height.

Great idea, design and project execution Kelly! Being dual multi-purpose, movable and the ability to store it out of the way will make this nearly invaluable in the shop.

You might consider submitting this one to Woodsmith too. VERY WELL done!

BTW, where did you purchase the motorcycle lifts?

I want to commend you on your design....... but  I went a completely different route and it seems like I saved lots and lots of extra things and time.

I first built a long mobil base to handle the saw and the extension then welded some bolts there close to the swivel wheels when I wanted to make it permanent, then added a cabinet with 30 inch long drawers so I could use each half of the long drawers from each side of the tablesaw extension..IMG_0184.JPG.30538827391382555e66ddfd5fd5193f.JPGIMG_0182.JPG.adde4f110fa62387804f251a4391965f.JPGIMG_0183.JPG.e5ba59a65dba1a78fe28e0718a6e9298.JPG

And probably the best thing I did was leave room  on top of the drawers to store the long Incra Miter Guage..

Now my question, why go to the trouble of having to buy two jacks??? I read you post but am still puzzled.

@Smallpatch - I went with 2 jacks so I could "level" each side of the cabinet top when I use it as an outfeed table. My shop floor is not very even and I have noticed on my old saw and table that in one place in the shop all was good, if I move the saw and table, then the table was not "level" with the table saw table. 

Edited by Chips N Dust

18 hours ago, Chips N Dust said:

@schnewj - I thought about the automobile scissor jacks but they were taller than these jacks when collapsed (at least the ones I found). I was since the goal was for this to also fit under the extension table and storage, I wanted something that would allow me the most height for the cabinet.  I could have used shorter casters, but I have found the shorter ones do not go over cords and such as easily.

As for stability, they are heavy and they are very stable. The most trouble I had with this project was getting the cabinet attached to the stands. There was not a lot of room inside the stands, even when raised to full height.

Totally, understand. The weight added to the base and the height limitations would be major considerations and since you had a fixed dimension to fit the cabinet into, it was critical.

As for the scissor jacks, if there wasn't the limited space problem then adding a larger and stable platform to the top of the jacks to increase the footprint would be a viable and cheaper solution. I have seen a couple of plans for adjustable height assembly tables using auto scissor jacks to provide the adjustment. They seem to work. The upside is that every car in a wrecking yard has one, so they are cheap and plentiful.

Great thought process, Kelly.