Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Gene Howe

Stephen Hawkings....

he is featured on curiosity streaming...

Kids loved watching his Universe Series, a marvel for sure.

Admired his will but didn't care for the guy.  He thought he was God.

Maybe so Ron. I thought that he believed the universe itself was god, though he never said it in so many words.

Through all his hardships he always maintained his sense of humor.

His intellect is what fascinated me. His religious beliefs or, lack thereof, never detracted from that, for me. Whatever his beliefs or speculations, he knows for sure, now. 

Edited by Gene Howe

I watched an interview that Neil De Grasse Tyson had with Steven Hawkins a short time ago. When asked about the future of the humans on earth, he sounded very pessimistic. He said , "Not in his words" We will accomplish amazing things if we can get past the next 100 years., but unless the world changes the direction it going in, we may not reach that time

When asked his views concerning religion,  he basically said that religions came about from superstitions. People are comforted  by their religious beliefs, and religion will continue to exist as long as humans are here. They do not understand science of the universe as it exists

I'd say that in his mind, God doesn't exist. Guess he knows the answer for sure now. 

16 hours ago, It Was Al B said:

I'd say that in his mind, God doesn't exist. Guess he knows the answer for sure now.

That is true. He was a practicing atheist.

Like all of us, we will know for certain at the end of this life.

Unfortunately, at that time, there will be no do-overs or opportunity to change what we believe.

31 minutes ago, Grandpadave52 said:

at that time, there will be no do-overs

for some that is a good deal for us...

3 hours ago, Grandpadave52 said:

Like all of us, we will know for certain at the end of this life.

Or maybe not if he was right.  Either way we won't be disappointed.