Good Monday Morning Patriot Woodworkers! March 12th, 2018

Thanks John for posting @steven newman's table...I had not seen that before. His ability to stretch material into something useful, practical and pleasing to look at in a minimalist manner is amazing.

Love the weathered bench, the lathe and especially the wooden flywheel; the floor is pretty cool too...That's craftsmanship...also see one of your rockers ;)peering in from the left edge of the picture.

Weekend, nothing productive; all four grand-kids sick with something or other...watched some of the IHSAA, Class 3 & 4 Regional BB games on Saturday and some of the NASCAR race at Phoenix yesterday.

As for the week ahead, TBD. Normal daily routines. Supposed to see a break from winter by the EOW so maybe will be able to do something productive.

Spent a long weekend in the big city of Portland - Jeff Dunham concert on Thursday night, Portland Zoo and OMSI on Friday, Cabela's on Saturday. Then we stopped off and visited with the MIL and got home around midnight Saturday (1 am with the time change). Also stopped by both the Rockler and Woodcraft stores. Overall, a very nice weekend.

That lathe looks like it would be a workout just to do one item. Got a busy week ahead. Put lacquer on several items I have been working on. Tomorrow will go to Stew Pot to serve lunch and then in PM to see dentist to get crown installed. Wednesday will go to set up boot at artisan marketplace an in PM security duty at church. Work at drugstore Thursday and I am already tired just typing it in.

4 hours ago, Grandpadave52 said:

Gonna' take two men and a boy to move that island top. That devil is gonna' be heavy. Of course we want pictures when that's installed

Yeah, that too, but I want pictures of you moving the top.  Barring an injured back, that could be entertaining.  :P