BIG QUESTION

Buckaroo

WHAT CAN I DO/ADD TO THIS LAPTOP SO'S i DON'T NEED/HAVE TO PAY FOR INTERNET HOOK UP.-----  HOLD ON, I'M JES AN OLD COUNTRY BOY. IF ONE/SOME OF THESE TELEPHONES WILL PICK UP (?from satellite?), WHAT CAN BE ADDED/DONE TO MY LAPTOPS SO THEY WILL & I CAN KEEP MY MONTHLY INTERNET FEE?

COME ON. cya LATER GOTTA RUN.

If you have a cell phone you may be able to set up a "hot spot" (@John Morris ). That will use your cell phone data plan. If you have an unlimited data plan you'll be in the cat bird's seat.

The only "free" option that I'm aware of is taking the laptop to someplace that offers free wifi. Fast food places, the local mall, coffee shops, some public areas like the library. You can connect to the Internet there but be warned, hackers love to hang out there and try to steal your personal information.

Verizon and Xfinity do have hot spots in most cities but they are very short range- a few hundred feet at most.

18 hours ago, lew said:

If you have a cell phone you may be able to set up a "hot spot" (@John Morris ). That will use your cell phone data plan. If you have an unlimited data plan you'll be in the cat bird's seat.

The only "free" option that I'm aware of is taking the laptop to someplace that offers free wifi. Fast food places, the local mall, coffee shops, some public areas like the library. You can connect to the Internet there but be warned, hackers love to hang out there and try to steal your personal information.

Verizon and Xfinity do have hot spots in most cities but they are very short range- a few hundred feet at most.

I WUZ HOPING TELE COULD BE HOOKED UP TO LAPTOP, WAY OVER MU HEAD HEAW, COME ON.

Archived