Who uses Netflix???

Stick486

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We use it, but only for certain shows (Longmire is one of them)....so we don't go through their extensive list of programs. It works really well even at the slow internet connection we have. But in our case we probably don't get $11/mo. worth of use. On the other hand, with my wife's disability she spends a lot of time in front of the TV so we keep it going (at least for now). You can check the programming with out signing up, and they used to offer a short free trial period....that's how we got hooked.

We use it and Amazon Prime. No problems with either. 

Both have a wide range of content. From sit coms and some really interesting documentaries to some very dark content. A lot of the content is British, Canadian and Australian. 

Oh, and be forewarned, they don't us a bleeper. 

We have it.  When we first got it I think we watched quite a few movies.  Now, I cannot even remember the last time it was watched.  Quite often I search for a movie that I would like to watch but it will not be available, except on disc.

But, I don't watch a whole lot of TV anyhow.  Every night I check the listings to see what is on our 100+ cable channels, most of the time I do not find anything I want to (waste) spend my time watching.

We have it (streaming only)..my wife, daughter and the grandkids all use it ALOT. IDK what they all watch...two boys watch a lot of kid friendly programming...I've used it maybe 3 or 4 times in 4+ years.

I think my daughter has Amazon Prime too.  I know she watches TV series on it...Oldest grand-daughter has become hooked on the old Monk & Psych TV series...I've never used it.

We also have Dish Network...I downgraded the package a couple of years ago to their Introductory Pack (don't think it's offered anymore); It was $19.99 month (just raised it $3/mo) but gives us all local channels including (3) PBS stations. History and several others occasionally worth watching. I added the Heartland Package for $6/mo which gives us RFD TV, all the Hallmark channels, PIXL, and some other Family channels. The basic Dish package includes Grit and INSP which offer lots of old Westerns, Bonanza series and some others plus the Buzzer Channel. Buzzer has many of the old games shows from the early 1950's- early 60's sometimes with the original commercials.

For me, I've found a lot of old TV series on You-tube (free version). Finally finished the old TV series, 12 O'Clock High; found the complete 6 seasons of Combat, with Vic Morrow, also the short lived series "Rat Patrol"; the full series of the old Highway Patrol, with Boderick Crawford is out there; the old Peter Gunn series, the old Naked City (full series) and numerous old Westerns (i.e. Death Valley Days), plus several old Western Movies...all these are free...I enjoy the old programming period.

I still have an OTA antenna and can draw 25-35 channels depending on the weather...all the PBS sub-channels and other sub-channel programs. I occasionally have to re-scan channels...under "perfect storm" weather conditions, I can get 40-60 channels, but many are duplicates..

We cut the cord a few years ago. Saves a ton of $$$. Up here, in the sticks, we get no reception with an antenna so, Amazon Prime, Hulu, Tubi, you tube, and Netflix is our only choice. We can get live programming through the net but, with our crappy wifi service, it can be frustrating. 

I looked at their content...

in the documentaries (nature/science) they are so so...

heavy in the  movies and what not that I always manage to sleep through...

also there was streaming problems that ranged to waiting on buffering, items not loading, skipping. sync issues to having to reboot...

anybuddy else have these issues???

I did find ''Curiosity Streaming'' 

WOW!!!

way more of what I'm interested in.. and I don't sleep through the programs either...

well worth  the look...

Another find is ''Slow TV''  

good for the soul...

Archived