Good Monday Morning Patriot Woodworkers! February 19th, 2018

John Morris

Spent the weekend with a great bunch of woodworkers from AZ.  And, it was warm.:lol:

Now, it's back to fitting the glass in the river table. Grandson in Tucson has his 13th birthday next Friday. So, we'll be in warm weather again for a few days. Yipeee!

The wind here is a steady 35+ mph with predicted gusts up to 70 mph. The shop is just a few steps from the house but, it's a workout to get there, against the wind.

Edited by Gene Howe

Got some goofing off done and done well.  Watched some movies during the cable company's free HBO and Cinemax weekend and viewed some more of the Olympics too.  I did make it into the shop and finished a new project of turning some trash back into some useful threads for woodturned boxes.  Take a Look

Monday?   Grrrrr..rain, rain, and more rain....but, beat the "H" out of that white stuff.  Rain all week long...Ohio Monsoon Season.    March arrived 2 weeks early..hope it also leaves two weeks early...

Went to Menard's and bought almost enough lumber to build the base cabinet for Daughter's Stepback Cupboard....

Have a few little "creeks" running across the shop floor right now.....:angry:

Not sure which is uglier..the view out my window, or the view in my bathroom mirror...:rolleyes:

Attended oldest  grandson's Cub Scout Awards banquet and cake auction. That was fun and a pretty proud grandpa when I saw grandson leading the honor guard carrying and presenting "Old Glory." My personal highlight of the evening was the guest speaker. Ann represented the local Blue Star Mother's Organization which happens to be the Southern most chapter in Indiana. This scout troop helps and supports the Blue Star Mother's chapter in various ways as part of their community service.

Ann's personal story was riveting as she shared being a small child during the bombings of England during WWII. She expressed her service as a Blue Star Mother is one way to pay forward her thankfulness for the food given to her by so many of our military throughout the war. She's convinced they would have starved had it not been for their generosity. She became a "Hoosier" in 1956 and except for her years as a Christian Missionary behind the Iron Curtain and in Communist China has resided in Indiana. We're blessed to have her as a Hoosier.

Saturday, pretty much in a vegetative state with the "cooties." Yesterday after Sunday School/Church, came home to an empty, quiet house (at least for a few hours). Took some cold/flu medicine, watched some of the pre-Daytona stuff, start of the 2nd half of Michigan-Ohio State game...the cat & I awoke just in time to see the first "big one" at Daytona...watched most of the rest of the race except for a brief interruption for a new episode of This Old House. Great race despite the carnage. 

Coming week, pass off the cold cooties to someone more deserving than I.