Woodworker II saw blade

Ron Altier

I loved my Woodworker II saw blade.  After a horror story trying to get it sharpened, I have never used or purchased another one.  I sent it back to the folks that made it for sharpening and they left blobs of silver solder and misaligned teeth............not once.......but twice on the same blade. That occured more than 10 years ago. Anyone know any more about them?

Edited by Ron Altier

As much as I love the Forest products, including the WWII blades, my experience with their sharpening service was not good either. It was probably just as long ago, but I had a tooth replaced on mine that I though a drunk man had performed the brazing. Since then I've used other sharpeners only...that said, my experience (and yours) seem to be unusual since everyone else raves about them. But if you need to get it sharpened 2 very good outfits are Bull Sharpening in Oak Park IL, and Dynamic Saw in NY. Both are full service shops (they do everything, including router bits) and their work is top notch.

I had a local shop, used by professionals, mess up both a carbide blade and hand saw.   I have since sent back to Forrest and never had a problem.   Now I wonder if I'm working on borrowed time.   When I put a couple of good chips in my planer blades, one of my sons-in-law said, "Let me take it to work and send it to the back room."   He works at a place that makes diamond abrasive products.   They came back great but saw blades and planer blades are different animals.

26 minutes ago, Gene Howe said:

To Fred's list of good sharpening services, add this one.  Used him for 20 years. Computerized, fast, does an excellent job. Not expensive, either.

I sent about 25 blades to my local saw shop about a year ago, the same shop my company used before I retired. They sharpen any kind of tools including hand tools and I  never had a complaint on their work. also if they think a blade is not worth sharpening they reject it. They don't sharpen small band saw blades, will make up any length though. They do sharpen chain saw and band mill blades. I had a chain saw blade reground from cross cut to rip one time and they a good job. Even band saw blades they will weld broken ones back together if they are not junk. For anyone locally they are:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Eastside+Saw+Shop+Bellevue+WA&t=ffsb&atb=v80-5&ia=web

Herb

On 2/10/2018 at 9:46 PM, Ron Altier said:

I sent it back to the folks that made it for sharpening and they left blobs of silver solder and misaligned teeth............not once.......but twice on the same blade. That occured more than 10 years ago. Anyone know any more about them?

Yah   The scuttlebut is that the old man passed away and the kids are worthless trash managing the business very badly.