Next Project?

steven newman

OK, Gin & Tonic to oust Uncle Charles from the back of my legs...

Daughter stopped by, showed her the wire baskets....and found out what baskets  she really wanted.    The two wire ones will go into the drawer, that I NOW get to build,  all else the same as the one of Ash.....just made of Paint-grade Pine, now....

Not enough in the weekend's budget to go out and buy a load of pine....soooo..

I may do a little something with that  stack of left-over Ash.....and post a build along for that...

50 minutes ago, steven newman said:

I may do a little something with that  stack of left-over Ash.....and post a build along for that

As long as we don't have to Sing-A-Long with Mitch 'er Steven, I'm up for it...but hey you're doing the work anyway...I'm just reading while drinking my coffee.:P

OK, have a shopping list made out...getting set to go buy a few boards.....shopping list so I don't wind up a board short, somewhere...

My son is footing the lumber bill, too.     Will report when I get the stuff to the shop...

3/4" plywood shelves are not on the list....will make two more webframes, and add a layer of 1/4" Luann to the topside....May need a center rail....

Got over to Sidney, OH a bit late....Lowes was closed.   Menard's had the same 1/4" plywood...$0.40 more.....will save a second trip tomorrow, in gas and time.

Sorted through the piles in the racks.....pick of the litter?   Meh..good thing this will be painted..sheesh  Their Premium brand was a tad too much in price...cost more than the Ash I bought!    The boards will take a bit of selective cutting....and no small amount of work.  

Letting the boards just sit in the house for a day or three....

I did find a 1 x 6 x 8' with Birdseye figure.....maybe a drawer front or two?  

17 hours ago, steven newman said:

Maybe some smaller stuff?  Runs great.  Mitre gauge is sitting like that, because I merely sat it down, to keep it with the saw.

Got one pretty much like that. Craftsman 10" right? It was my first band-saw...bought it at a yard sale along with a stand and Craftsman 6", 4x36 sander all for $75. When I get to do things, I still use it frequently.

Good little band-saw, just limited on re-saw width. IMO. My miter gauge is a little different but not sure it's the original...that and it's currently set at 90o:P

Obviously Shop-cat was bored and looking for somewhere to curl up.:D

Hope things went OK at the VA!