Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Smallpatch

It don't take a phd to install a light bulb

Rate this topic

This is what I found to be the cheapest way to go especially  if and when you ever have to replace a bulb.IMG_9882.JPG.6e51d188d947c77b71e676b442dc8536.JPG

I bought a case of these receptacles and mounted them on a 2x4. The ceramic bases are cheaper than the two wire hanging typeIMG_9880.JPG.ebdda68849b84edd0ad8fe68e592ec51.JPG

IMG_9884.JPG.fc95cdc4b8907778a42fd0e487d8f9af.JPG

Or for the really lazy guys, these fixtures from bathroom remodels are showing up at garage sales for a buck or so without the bulbs then put the leds back in..

IMG_9883.JPG.7f5fbb06676eb8709fc3bba75cf9f459.JPG

Do I see some lazy soles here or is this something special that takes lots of learning to put in a light bulb....?

Those ceramic bases were 1.09 each when I ordered 40 at a time.

21 minutes ago, Smallpatch said:

Do I see some lazy soles here

I'm not lazy at all...just trying to "go Green" and conserve energy (mine):lol::lol:

It don't take a phd to install a light bulb

I'll have you know I have several PHD's (Projects Half Done):D:rolleyes::D

I like the way you think!  You jes solved a problem fer this olredneck!

Many thanks, really. What's out ther now is a plain old plywood ceiling w/ one light bulb in center of a spacious 2 car garage.

With your idea I'll have all light I need complements of power from that 1 light w/screw in receptacle, I'll use 300wat bulbs, that wont require 3 -4

& one convenient switch.

THANKS PATCH

Yours is kinda things I put on, hoping to actually help folks.

Cya.

Buck what ever you use make it LED bulbs. Google led bulbs and see how little electricity is used compared with all the rest of the bulbs on the market......Led is the only way to go even for a well off gent like yourself.. No need to let go of that money if you don't have to......They make those caskets with cubby holes all around the body so they can stuff that money in with you as they lower you down.......

You don't think after you are dead any of your friends would take a few hundreds if no one was looking do you????? Loyal friends would not even think of doing that????????

15 minutes ago, Smallpatch said:

Buck what ever you use make it LED bulbs. Google led bulbs and see how little electricity is used compared with all the rest of the bulbs on the market......Led is the only way to go even for a well off gent like yourself.. No need to let go of that money if you don't have to......They make those caskets with cubby holes all around the body so they can stuff that money in with you as they lower you down.......

You don't think after you are dead any of your friends would take a few hundreds if no one was looking do you????? Loyal friends would not even think of doing that????????

Loyal friends were tossing wads of cash into the casket, as was the custom. The lawyer friend waited till everyone had tossed their offering in. He took the cash and tossed in a check.