Wednesday's Wisdom For Woodturners February 7, 2018

lew

@Steve Krumanaker Thank you. I am hoping folks don't get fed up with the recaps. I think it is important to give our turners the recognition they deserve.  A long time ago, before Easy Wood Tools was sold to Pony, some of the turners here had the opportunity to test drive many of the Easy Wood Tools- including their chuck. It has the fit and finish of a fine swiss watch. I think it has to be the best chuck on the market.

@Gerald Thanks!

@HandyDan Thank You! I think those candle holders would make nice Christmas presents.

@Gene Howe  Thanks! I tried the sander today on a small holly bowl. It works pretty good. BTW, I got my order of Manzanita today- ordered it Monday!

3 hours ago, lew said:

I am hoping folks don't get fed up with the recaps. I think it is important to give our turners the recognition they deserve.

Not a chance. I don't turn, but sometimes imagine it just through all you guys do. I personally enjoy and look forward to the weekly recaps...sometimes I missed a lesson.

Agreed, giving those who contribute so much to this forum an additional kudos is important. I've learned a lot from each of them (you)...some of it I can actually use in woodworking:P

Keep up the good work Lew. It's GREATLY appreciated!

Edit add: BTW, not by my choice, but keep your shovel handy...we're sending some more nasty stuff to you in a couple days.

Edited by Grandpadave52