Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
lew

Great Price On An Airbrush From Woodcraft

Rate this topic

Then If anyone decides to get any of the models with more adjustments, first get the 40% discount coupon off of the internet for Hobby Lobby for they carry two or three good models... and this coupon can be used anytime.

Oh and by the way,  a person will need a regulator on the compressor line . Depending on the fluid, I use anywhere from 10 to 25 lbs. of regulated air.

Edited by Smallpatch

I have that one dedicated to spraying dye. Works well but like DAB said make a well so you can sit it down safely.I mounted a block with 2 sizes of hole on the side of my finishing table. Also put a hook on it to wrap the hose , with the regulator also mounted to the side of the table

On 2/7/2018 at 2:58 PM, Gerald said:

I have that one dedicated to spraying dye. Works well but like DAB said make a well so you can sit it down safely.I mounted a block with 2 sizes of hole on the side of my finishing table. Also put a hook on it to wrap the hose , with the regulator also mounted to the side of the table

what types of dye do you use? type and names?

@Gerald...those tulips are really cool...sometime in your spare time;), a thread on "here's how I dunnit" would be humbly appreciated. :)

This is more of what I was looking for on airbrush and dye, but was not on the phone.5a80a1de2ef86_VASEcoverlight.JPG.c38e7e85fe1398e2ae81b322f2cdab41.JPG

On 2/9/2018 at 9:07 PM, DRAGON1 said:

what types of dye do you use? type and names?

I missed your question. The stain (dye) on these pieces is Chestnut Stains: yellow, royal blue, red. I got some Chromacraft dyes branded Nick Agar at TAW last month in Magenta, Teal and Violet so I would not have to mix colors to get something else. Thde Chestnut stains colors cover the basic colors so I can mix for most colors. Have been using a color wheel I printed of he internet but just ordered one on Amazon and it is pretty cool. All of these are alcohol base as it is easier to use and only causes a problem if finish is shellac. Oh by the way the Chestnut stains actually have shellac in them.

Gerald, you mean you made those tulips??????    WOW what you guys do on those lathes.

I have never used an air brush, what kind of compressor is required? will the regular shop compressor work ?

Herb

7 hours ago, Dadio said:

will the regular shop compressor work ?

A shop compressor will work but I'd add an additional regulator and a moisture separator 

On 2/18/2018 at 9:52 PM, Gerald said:

I missed your question. The stain (dye) on these pieces is Chestnut Stains: yellow, royal blue, red. I got some Chromacraft dyes branded Nick Agar at TAW last month in Magenta, Teal and Violet so I would not have to mix colors to get something else. Thde Chestnut stains colors cover the basic colors so I can mix for most colors. Have been using a color wheel I printed of he internet but just ordered one on Amazon and it is pretty cool. All of these are alcohol base as it is easier to use and only causes a problem if finish is shellac. Oh by the way the Chestnut stains actually have shellac in them.

Thanks Gerald!!!