Working with scroll saw patterns

DerBengel

Unfortunately the answer is; it depends.

Is the pattern a traditional fretwork, such as the baskets I've posted about? Then the shaded areas are what you keep and the white areas are the scrap that gets discarded.

Is the pattern a portrait of a person?  Then the black area is the discarded.

Intarsia; then each piece is kept.

Can you upload a picture or give a link to a pattern in question?

Well, unfortunately, I cannot show you an example of the patterns I was interested in. Stupid thing, I got Office 365 free for being a student and I all ready had OneDrive. Well, since it only allows 1 account and I used my school e-mail addy to sign up for the office suite, it re-associated the OneDrive and took away 6 notebooks I had online for safe keeping! There went my DIY notebook, my physiology notebook...and several others.

And I am fighting to try and figure out how to use Visual Studio, which associates template to asp.net, something I have never used before.

And trying to get used to my CPAP machine-I don't care what they say, they gave me the wrong sized mask and exhaling has a lot more resistance than it should, even though the relief option is on.

I am not all together here right now-brain is out there, somewhere!

But I sat a bunch of donuts on the table in the other room! Have at it and enjoy!!! I made sure there's enough to at least get you guys through the night. If you take it easy, there will be enough for breakfast!

18 hours ago, DerBengel said:

trying to get used to my CPAP machine

You may want to double check the settings on the machine as well as get back in touch with your supplier.   I changed mask sizes and mine vents through openings in the mask; otherwise it would blow me up like a balloon (no snickering in the back). <_<

@p_toad  I wasn't going to laugh until you said not to laugh-see? You put it right in my brain! Now let me ask you a question. With the mask, I was looking at some literature that makes it look like the mask is supposed to fit from the bridge of the nose to the indentation in your chin. Correct? If so, this mask is definitely too big cause it goes to the rounded part of my chin. Also, the first mask they sent me home with, was better than the one I got with the machine. But, I just found out it has a different sized coupler! I can't use it on the thermal hose. And because it's a ResMed machine, it has a special coupler so the supplied hose with the one I got from the sleep study cannot be plugged in! This proprietary stuff is for the birds! I was expecting it to be more universal.

And, my new diabetic shoes-they seem to be 1/2 size too big. My feet move around a bit more than they should in them.

I don't know if they can replace the shoes...and I can almost hear the attitudes of "professional" staff about my machine...

This is why I never bother going to the doctor(s)-nothing is ever done right, anyway! So, why bother?!

@Stick486  I did have Libre Office, would never use OpenOffice cause they get all their stuff from Libre Office. Since I could go back to MS Office, I switched. There's a few things I liked about MS a lot more than the free ones, unfortunately.

Thanks! I'll have to check into that Nitro, though. I am using the free version of FoxIt and not too happy with it.

All I know is everything is going wrong and I am having a huge learning curve on different software, while i am trying to get through this class and it's driving me NUTZ!!!

Right now, I could use a donut!!! BUt at 8:30 PM, that means stale at Dunkin's. grrrr

P.S. Check it out! I am using the (@ stuff), learned that from my new class! :-)

Edited by DerBengel
Added P.S.

Well, after finding out I cannot communicate with anyone outside of school, I am now going to painstakingly remove all the new software. What a rip! Several years ago, you could use the stuff outside of the school parameters, but not anymore! No school addy? Then you are blocked (sending and receiving). Just a way for them to save a buck.

I used OpenOffice several years back while in German class. But then when it came to my own personal use, I decided to research both Open and Libre. When I found out that Libre was the parent to everything Open Office did, I just went to the source. (OpenOffice always gets updated after Libre)

And the OTHER problem. Getting everything off my old Windows 7 hard drive (computer I accidentally fried) onto Windows 10. The programs should be compatible but the problem lies in the fact that if I don't transfer the program, I cannot get it back. They stopped making the software on disk and went to cloud only! I am not paying a monthly subscription fee when I paid $1,500 for the original software! AND I have Office 2013 on the old hard drive, which still works fine...

Around my area, I am usually the computer guru for my friends. But when I run into a computer problem, I ain't got nobody to go to!

Man! This stinks!

I also have to reinstall Thunderbird E-mail now...and the list goes on! LOL Is there a specific E-mail program you use?

@DerBengel

My cpap mask goes from my bridge to upper lip (covers nose only).   I used to have a chin strap when i first got the machine, but i generally don't use one any more; i just keep my mouth shut (well, my wife says most of the time or not enough - depends on time of day I guess :o).  I have tried to use a mask over the mouth when extremely congested, but it doesn't work for me.   I have a ResMed also, but don't need an adapter of any kind and the supply place seems to have a pretty good record of what i need after all these years.   This does use a smaller diameter hose than the old machine i had and i don't even want to try those nostril thingies.

As for shoes - I had a podiatrist (been there once) try to sell me on shoes, but frankly I like the steel toe work shoes i have and find them fairly comfortable for all day wear.   I started with one size and went up a 1/2 size and wider when i ordered my new ones (at that time could only order

direct from maker).   I used to wear dr. scholl's something or other and the place i got them stopped carrying them and i went to another store and by accident tried these on instead of a "walker/runner" type shoe...liked them better and stayed with them.

10 hours ago, Stick486 said:

have you tried it..

I believe you will find it's compatible...

To continue the off topic thread:

Open Office  and Libre office are put out by the same folks and are extremely similar. (I currently use Libre Office suite, Xunbuntu OS)

DerBengel; dids you try the notebook recycle bin on onedrive?

Everyone: What is a stale donut? They just never seem to last that long. :)

Stale donut is what Dunkin Donuts have when it gets later in the day. I actually thumped them-thought they were wood! hahaha Disgusting!

Anyway, I will definitely call the cpap provider or better yet, the sleep doctor, to talk to them about this. Yeah, this is ResMed Myair for her and it has a heated tube, humidifier and a strange connector with a microchip that plugs in. Very non universal. They also sent me home with a nose one, that I think I would prefer. Last 3 days, I am up for a few hours, back to bed for a few hours. I am very frustrated at the moment. And I am with you-NO pillows in the nostrils! UGHHH That would drive me INSANE.

Shoes: definitely seem about 1/2 size too big-I can move a little bit forward and a little bit back...going to call them too, to see about this. I used to have some Caterpillar walkers that were excellent. Bought 2 pairs and then they disappeared. Which I had bought 10 pairs! lol And the ones I want are very expensive...

Now, for the worst news yet. Yesterday, I got an updated bill from Comcast. It is a monopoly in my neighborhood. No one else offers internet. Well, except for wi-fi through AT&T for something like 10 or 15 GB/month and just as expensive. I used roughly 25GB/month and with classes and installing software, that easily goes up to 75GB for a month. So, NO wi-fi for me! 

Comcast: I went from $29.99/month SEVERAL years back to $34.95, now I had a year at $49.99 but it ended up $55 with fees, then miraculously went to $61/month?! Now, March is the new year for me and I got a bill for $71 for March and after chatting with them tonight, they said it's scheduled to go to $92/month!!! I flat out told them I CANNOT afford this-it's not a matter of disagreeing with prices, it's a matter of I do NOT have enough money after paying rent, utilities, yada yada. She took notes, told me to call them next week and talk on the phone-tell them to read my notes. I looked on the site and even chat flat out said NO promotions in my area now. No, of course not when they know they are the only one you can turn to, they are very inflexible, NO need for promotions. I was very lucky to get the $49.99 that didn't last very long. I am not very optimistic about this call next week, because I was extremely lucky to get the $50/month (that still turned into $61/month). The cheapest I think they will over based on conversations (even with corporate the year before) will be $65/month..IF that is...very tight for me. I have until Feb 25th to prepare for the worst.

Point is, if they refuse to lower the monthly price, I will have to cancel with them, change all my e-mails and sites to my Outlook E-mail addy (a LOT of work!), then pack up my laptop and go to the local Panera's or McD's to use their wi-fi, which means a coffee, E-mail, class and not much else.

All of this in the middle of my scholarship. Typical.

I cannot even express how I feel right now.

Correction: I just signed into my comcast acct to see the contract ends Feb 9th!!! NOT 26th.

Edited by DerBengel