Wednesday's Wisdom For Woodturners January 24, 2018

lew

Great post again Lew.  The piece you are working pretty wild but looks like you are getting it tamed.  I look forward to seeing the completed bowl.

Tim Yoder must have copied my hammer.  I made one similar a couple years ago.  Another site I frequent had a few of us making hammers for fun.  Here is what I came up with.  The wood is Purple Heart.

003_2.JPG.bac56bfeacc8a7e1b0336fad9661f8dd.JPG

004_3.JPG.0d4f5dbc8b806e0912a8c05ba766f22b.JPG

001_3.JPG.f626ab91b428f40dfd82c7f268e198ff.JPG

Talent, skills, imagination, artistry and ingenuity, all on display, this and every Wednesday. Thanks for bringing it all together, Lew.

Great save with the Alumilite. Awesome color in that manzanita. Have you experimented with colors in Alumilite?

Edited by Gene Howe

@Steve Krumanaker Thank you! I still have to double check the spelling!

@Dadio Thanks! I am really having a heck of a time getting a crystal clear finish on the acrylic.

@HandyDan Thank You! I really like your mallet especially the fact that it has both brass and wood striking surfaces.

@Stick486 Thanks!

@Chips N Dust Thank You!

@Gene Howe Thanks! It's really difficult to see but I used some orange tint in the Alumilite. I was hoping it would show up better. Looked good when it was in the plastic cup!