Getting warmer!!

1 hour ago, clhyer said:

Looks good!  What size is the shop?  

Cal

The grain bin is 34 foot diameter and I am heating about 3/4 of it so in the neighborhood of 700 sq feet main floor that is heated with 900 overall. It also has a walk-up storage overhead  that I may further expand in time.  That is a couple hundred sq feet right now where the wife puts the Christmas decorations etc. and where some my spare stuff hides.

Edited by Bundoman

1 hour ago, lew said:

That's a big ol' one man crosscut saw hanging on the wall!

Thank you!  I believe that saw is an Atkins if memory serves me correctly.  It is one of several things that has come home because it seemed like a great idea at the time, not because of my ambitions to use them.   It is in good condition and the “junk store” lady sold it to me for cheap so I brought it home.  I just hung it last week and kinda like it there.

Great idea and practical conversion of a grain bin. I assume you "studded" out the walls? 2x2?. 2x3? 2x4? with the upper floor trusses  resting on the walls? I'll bet the floors are actually pretty warm for concrete...Likely 8"-12" thick with a good vapor barrier.

Any windows or just OH & service door? Watch yard/garage sales & flea markets for a 110V window A/C you can mount through the wall... Then a TV & cot...:P

Only real draw-back with this configuration is running around trying to find a corner:rolleyes:

Man, for South Central Illinois, you live on the prairie...looks even colder than here if possible/

48 minutes ago, Stick486 said:

nice rounded collection of tools...

Thank you.  Most of my tools rescued and restored.  The Big bandsaw was the last power tool to follow me home.  It was going to be scrapped from the local high school because it needed brake work and new guides. As for hand tools,  I need to get Them organized.  They are in the carpenter boxes awaiting sort and sharpen.  

Edited by Bundoman