Finally broke down and ordered

Smallpatch

a deep freeze, and two days before they were to deliver it, our big tv went capute. And then yesterday she says nothing in the top rack of the dishwasher is getting clean..  Where can I go hide?

And thinking back, its been about 18 years since we bought this house and it is about time for the hot water heaters to start leaking again since the others lasted about 8.5 years..... It looks like we will be having red beans and corn bread for a long time. Oh wait, thats what we are already eating.  I know , some in this USA don't call em red beans. Some of the folks in the army let me know thats not what they are called where they came from...

Edited by Ron Dudelston
Added tags

On 11/14/2017 at 6:34 PM, Smallpatch said:

It looks like we will be having red beans and corn bread for a long time.

...and that's a bad thing, how?

Darn, now you got me hungry for red beans, rice and smoked sausage. Throw in some bell pepper, onion, my normal spices, some ham chunks or fat back and cook all day.

3 hours ago, p_toad said:

Throw out the bell pepper and put in some hot pepper and i'll be over before it's done cooking.  :P

That's what the Tabasco Habanero sauce is for, bubba! Throw out the bell peppers, that's an insult to the "holy trinity" of Cajun cooking. I know some funny talking folks in "da bayou" that would loose you in the swamp for that sacrilege.

No, never any ham bones is my red beans. That makes the beans ending up gooey and thick and not my style. I m a red bean eater almost every day since I was a mere child. And corn bread every day if maw will cook it. And like the corn bread with lots of hal- a-pien- yoes and a can of cream corn mixed in there somehow.

17 minutes ago, Smallpatch said:

No, never any ham bones is my red beans. That makes the beans ending up gooey and thick and not my style. I m a red bean eater almost every day since I was a mere child. And corn bread every day if maw will cook it. And like the corn bread with lots of hal- a-pien- yoes and a can of cream corn mixed in there somehow.

Genuine "white trash" cooking...ummm, ummm, GOOD! I'd kill for a big ole plate of Crowder peas over rice and some cornbread, and maybe some collards to go with it.

On 11/16/2017 at 9:44 PM, It Was Al B said:

Beans are OK for awhile. You might want to substitute spaghetti for an occasional change. Been there, Had to replace my hot water heater, dishwasher and washer/drier this past year. Now the fridge is acting up. Was able to get 0% financing at HD for 3 years.

THE BEANS DO THAT????? :blink:

John