First attempt at boxes

honesttjohn

Very nice, HJ!   A bit of felt lining and you should have a hot seller there.  One great thing about using a CNC is that you don't have to limit yourself to oval shapes.  Egg shapes for more fragile contents?  Diamond shapes for the most valuable contents?  Heart shapes for closer to Valentine's day and those with anniversaries that may come up any other time of the year.  ;)

4D

• 2 weeks later...

I like to use common felt from the fabric store.  I use spray adhesive such as 3M super 77 to glue it to paste board, ie; cereal boxes. glue  to the printed side with the raw untreated side to the wood interior of my box. Since my wife is a quilter, I inherited her old rotary cutter and cutting mat. with careful measurement I get really clean lines in the corner. I have done it so many times that it goes really fast for me now. 

The inside of an oval would be really simple. calculate and cut so there is a bit of overlap and trim to fit in small increments.