Why did you not put receptacles all the way around and much closer??????? Not knowing at the time what would go where so I covered my walls with 220 and 440 and now have changed the machinery 100 times till what it is now. Much easier and cheaper as you are building...

Don't mind me but I'm asking these questions for the next guy trying to decide what he wants in a perfect set up?????

Fred, I know it's been frustrating on the wait, but wow, those guys have done a mighty fine job so far. The tapers & mudders are gonna' love this job.

Of course, the Amish crew that framed it deserve a little credit too for square, plumb and correct truss & stud placements.

On 9/4/2017 at 5:36 PM, Dadio said:

Here you can't put a toilet in the shop, they won't issue a permit, They are afraid you will turn it in to an apartment later.

Herb

That happened to a neighbor of a friend of mine.   He roughed in the plumbing and poured concrete over it to fool the inspector. His plan was to chisel it out later and install the loo.  He got caught and they made him jackhammer out the whole line before they'd issue a permit.

A former neighbor of mine was a commercial drywall finisher.  He told me once that the hangers were sort of low men on the social ladder.   He said a major complaint was when they used all the scraps in a closet or small area to save one sheet of drywall (what $10 or so?) and that caused them a whole lot of time to mud and tape it.

Edited by kmealy

Jess, this room is the storage room of the building. Once I get the shop photos (when they get that done,) you''ll see a lot more outlets. On the wall are 240v/30amp, 240V 20 amp, and lots (lots) of 120V the 120V wall outlets are all in 2 gang boxes (4 outlets) and 20 amp. I also put in ceiling outlets with each of the 3 centered in the room, and there are some outlets up near the ceiling...like the ones for the DC and others for the furnace that will be installed. The storage room has all that as well, but not as many, and none in the ceiling other than for lights and the door opener. Back to the plumbing, I have a hydrant right outside the building and the intial thought was to plumb that on for the water supply. The drain to the septic tank would not have been overly long (maybe 100') so I could have pulled it off...but it didn't get to the final plan. In my case, there wouldn't have been any restrictions on doing this. In fact many of the farms around here have barns that are plumbed and fitted with toilets.