Good Monday Morning Patriot Woodworkers! August 7th, 2017

3 hours ago, Grandpadave52 said:

Repaired my step=father's dryer and two truck door remotes, replaced his security light globe, batteries in TV/Cable remote and inspected his porch roof Friday besides the grand-daughter shuttle service. Finally finished the last 1+ acre of mowing Saturday...yesterday was church, errands and some piddly tasks in the garage.

Kids start back to school Wednesday:lol::D:):); Change oil/filter/service my truck; a short trip tentatively planned for end of week through next weekend. Yard needs mowed and weed-eaterized;

Tomorrow, I'm planning to take my step-father to this EVENT

Dave - right now - pics or it didn't happen! 

Hope you have a great time of it.  I am sure that SF will.

1 hour ago, HARO50 said:

No shop time for a while! LOML is off work last week and this week, and we have been taking day trips to various research centers, libraries and cemeteries, looking for information on her ancestors. I have already traced her family back to Plymouth colony and beyond, but this is a search for documents to confirm her ..... dare I say it..... Loyalist connections! One of her great-great-great grandfathers was one of the 80,000 British Loyalists who left America in the late 1700's to settle in what was then Upper Canada. Hopefully, this doesn't mean that I will be tarred and feathered, and banned from this forum! :unsure:

John

John - no ill will from this end, hope you hang around for the long haul!

@Chips N Dust, glad you were able to get this stopped in time.  That was a close call!

Cal

3 minutes ago, clhyer said:

John - no ill will from this end, hope you hang around for the long haul!

1 minute ago, Grandpadave52 said:

Well, I guess we can overlook this since you're generally a "member in good standing" :rolleyes:.  It's gonna cost you a lot of donuts though!:lol: Happy hunting!

Thanks guys. BIG relief! Thought I'd have to start my own forum, "The Loyalist Woodworker"! :D

John

13 minutes ago, clhyer said:

Dave - right now - pics or it didn't happen! 

10-4...Mission accepted....:P

1 hour ago, HARO50 said:

So.... you're taking the hour-long training flight?

John

Only in my wildest dreams John!:P I'm just happy to be able to walk around and touch these grand old war-birds!

8 minutes ago, Grandpadave52 said:

just happy to be able to walk around and touch these grand old war-birds!

Aren't they incredible! Those kids that flew in them had courage we can only dream about. I have been lucky enough to walk thru a B-17 and B-29. I hope to live long enough to see one of "my" old planes at an airshow- The Intruder (A-6).

3 hours ago, lew said:

Aren't they incredible! Those kids that flew in them had courage we can only dream about. I have been lucky enough to walk thru a B-17 and B-29. I hope to live long enough to see one of "my" old planes at an airshow- The Intruder (A-6).

Back in 2001, I was lucky enough to take a flight in a B-17. Very, Very Cool! When we landed, I was able to sit in the bombardier's seat.

Cutting 18+ hours a day.  Got the big local Art Fair this coming week end.  Last event of the year (well, maybe one more, but depends how many custom orders I get).  Hunting season is getting closer (priorities prevail) and the holidays are homing in.  Don't want to stay too busy, just kind of busy.

6 hours ago, lew said:

I have been lucky enough to walk thru a B-17 and B-29.

I'm not sure if it was the same group or or not, but a few years ago, SF & I were able to tour a B-17 & B-24 at Purdue. The B-17 is just awesome. I would love to crawl through a B-29:P

Looking forward to tomorrow. The weather is supposed to be near perfect; sunny, low humidity & dew point with afternoon temps only around 76o

Cannot believe y'all left out Patton (fantastic movie), The Longest Day (good not great), The Great Escape (a great one), Think I have watched Band of Brothers five times. Left out The Sullivans, Iwo Jima , Pearl Harbor to name a few. Guess you figured I love war movies.

Oh was too tired to post yesterday that we got the pews out and I hauled home. Got the small stuff unloaded and left the 12 foot sections in the truck till my son got home. Well while I was cooking burgers it started to rain I rushed out to unload (adrenaline) . Got them in the shop and you would not believe the blum (lacquer finish).Started the air and whne I came back out was cleared . We got an inch in the first hour and total 3.5 in 5 hours.