Mwtca March 2017 'What's It' Project

Ok ladies and gentlemen, we now have our March "What's it" live and ready!

The image(s) below is a MWTCA "What's It" image for you to research, and tell us all here in this topic post, just what the heck is it!

Remember, the first accurate answer wins a one year membership to the awesome organization MWTCA!

If an accurate answer cannot be arrived at by the end of the current calendar month this project is posted, a random drawing will be held to include anyone who participated in this months What's It. One winner will be chosen to receive a calendar year membership to MWTCA and all of it's wonderful benefits of membership. Compliments of The Patriot Woodworker Community.

For a run down on this project and the rules, please see this page at "The Patriot Woodworker and MWTCA "What's It" project"

8-1/2" tall, the owner's description of it: "there are 2 holes containing metal rods running from top to bottom. This was in a tool trunk of my father-in-law's machine tools from the 60's-70's, he worked in an oilfield machine shop out in West Texas. They also had some government contracts working on aircraft. Could be either."

Source: Submitted by MWTCA Member

153-1a.JPG.jpeg

The numbers are as follows:
1 3 6 3 5 1 4 1 3 5 2 5
1 4 6 3 5 1 4 2 3 5 2 6
1 4 6 4 5 2 4 2 3 6 2 6

153-1.JPG.jpeg

Any more information to be gleaned from owner? e.g. are these made of wood, steel, cast? Appear from pictures to be wooden but doesn't seem likely as part of machine tool or aircraft tooling unless maybe worked in a pattern shop or because fear of spark around oil field or aviation fuel...top left one kinda creepy with 666 in vertical row

1 hour ago, John Morris said:

1    3    6    3    5    1    4    1    3    5    2    5 = 39
1    4    6    3    5    1    4    2    3    5    2    6 = 42
1    4     6    4    5    2    4    2    3    6    2   6 = 45

3  11   18   10  15  4   12   5   9   16   6    17=126

Not sure what this tells us, but...

Sum total of three vertical rows increases by (3)/row

Sum total of (3) rows of numbers added horizontal = 126

Sum total of vertical rows also = 126

Gotta mean something; wish I could see the indexing of the holes on top to see if all index at same location numerically if stacked on top of one another or realigns the vertical count top to bottom

Would give another series of numbers sum total but series would be nine versus 12.

Where's @kmealy when we really need him?...this has to be some type of calculator or indexing tool(s)

Edited by Grandpadave52

3 hours ago, John Morris said:

1 3 6 3 5 1 4 1 3 5 2 5
1 4 6 3 5 1 4 2 3 5 2 6
1 4 6 4 5 2 4 2 3 6 2 6

Every other number matches up in each set of numbers 1 6 5 4 3 2 which is the firing order for a lot of V6 engines and also has a meaning on a color chart.

http://www.colorhexa.com/165432

http://numbermatics.com/n/165432/

Image result for 165432

Edited by HandyDan

Steel objects this size would have substantial weight. I'm guessing they are 81/2 " as stated, by about between 2 " and 2 1/4" point to point in diameter. This would weigh almost double the weight of the old window weights.  Maybe the holes with the steel rods were drilled to provide exact weight measures.

I think you are right Steven. The first picture is actually a composite picture of 3 different views of the same single piece. Notice the slight difference in background shading between the 3 pics. Also, the 3 & 6 in the top row match each other between the pic on left and pic on right. When I thought there were 3 different pieces I was thinking they were part of some kind of abacus/slide rule kinda thing. But with only 1 single piece I am clueless. 

On 3/5/2017 at 11:11 PM, steven newman said:

Seems there is only a single one of these   and I am thinking the "steel rods"  are what is left of a staple to hang it up with.

4 minutes ago, ChuckJ said:

I think you are right Steven. The first picture is actually a composite picture of 3 different views of the same single piece. Notice the slight difference in background shading between the 3 pics. Also, the 3 & 6 in the top row match each other between the pic on left and pic on right. When I thought there were 3 different pieces I was thinking they were part of some kind of abacus/slide rule kinda thing. But with only 1 single piece I am clueless. 

Duh on my part...I think you guys are spot on after reading your posts and looking at the original picture(s). I confused myself believing there were 3 vs 1 of these ; maybe even spammed others into believe my distorted perception; Gotta' reboot my thinking now...