Good find, Dave, I had one years ago,used it a lot, handy tool, back in the day, hung many doors with it. Don't know what happened to it, I thought mine was made of chrome plated brass, never got rusty. or maybe you are talking about the bits being a tad rusty.

Herb

3 hours ago, Chips N Dust said:

I hope you can sleep tonight ;) :P

Like a baby...waking up every 3 hours to go to the bath room and eat!:P

3 hours ago, Dadio said:

Good find, Dave, I had one years ago,used it a lot, handy tool, back in the day, hung many doors with it. Don't know what happened to it, I thought mine was made of chrome plated brass, never got rusty. or maybe you are talking about the bits being a tad rusty.

Herb

Herb my 1st one is a model 46Y I bought probably in 1972 before I got married. I've hung a few doors with it and several hundred curtain & drapery brackets over the years besides dozens of other uses. I still grab for it on lots of small jobs. The 41Y's were the last all metal and you are right, nickle plated over brass. This one had slight rust on the body, but it's the nickle plating that rusts. When I can, I only clean with soft brass brush in Dremel and Scotch Brite...have to go easy at the buffer with Jewelers Rouge too or you can buff through the plating.

3 hours ago, Stick486 said:

check your PM's for my mailing address...

Must have a block on it didn't come through...couldn't be my private email server:rolleyes::ph34r:

2 hours ago, lew said:

You did have a mask on when you stole bought it :lol:

Unfortunately Lew, that's how I really look...the mask won't come off. :PAlways a benefit later this month though! :D

2 hours ago, HandyDan said:

Good deal Dave.  You need to get a spoon welded to one of the bits so you can stir your coffee.

Oh no, can't taint the bits...I've got old spade bits for that task.:D

3 hours ago, steven newman said:

Might have a couple......three tent fellow had a box full of them...at the tractor fest..

Well Steve by standards established on this site I have less than 24 so technically not a hoarder 'er collector. Today's find gives me 13-1/2 Stanley's (well 14-1/2 counting the 41Y-Bell Systems I refurbished and gave to my daughter but not on site so doesn't count;)) and 3 Dunlaps that will use the standard Yankee bits.

Thanks guys for your words of encouragement...was thinking I had too many, but now after hearing from all-ya'll the hunt has to go on! :P