Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Stick486

Useless conversation and other drivel...

Peculiar to my trade, we use electrical tape. It has the advantage of being able to be applied, stretched out, so it constricts on the cut, sealing it. Of course an hour or so later, lots of blue color, and throbbing. :) That’s when I take the tape off, and apply another layer, that I don’t stretch out when applying. Managed to work all night at Faneuil hall, after pulling a snake through the base of my thumb with this field medicine. Hit the emergency room at 5 am, on the way home, got 6 stitches and an EARFULL from the nurse. Tried to explain about construction deadlines, but she would n’t hear of it. Ahhh to be 29 again. (Actually I wouldn’t mind the 20’th anniversary, of 29, again). 

OUCH!!!

be careful out there Artie...

41 minutes ago, Artie said:

Hit the emergency room at 5 am, on the way home, got 6 stitches and an EARFULL from the nurse.

All due respect Artie, she was doing her job as a nurse...I know you're not really railing on her but the thing is you put yourself and the company at risk continuing to work without seeking proper medical treatment for an injury requiring stitches. I assume you have reported it to your supervisor and or safety director? If not be sure to do so immediately. Should an infection or further treatment be required you might find yourself liable.

Not sure how Massachusetts's State Workman Comp works, but in Indiana, failure to report on-the-job injuries puts all burden back on the individual and places the company in a difficult position with the state. For the company I worked for it could put your job at risk for failure to follow prescribed safety policies.

OK, so much for the lecture:P Take care of yourself and watch for any signs of excessive swelling, redness or infection over the weekend. I assume you're up to date on your tetanus vaccine? Take care of yourself.

BTW...glad you got the job done without further bloodshed.:lol:

Edited by Grandpadave52

The snake through the thumb thing was 29 years ago, my only real issue was when the nurse took my thumb and straightened it out on me, with no warning. I’m pretty sure they heard my screams outside. Workmans comp paid for the E-room visit (and tetanus shot). Sorry if I didn’t make it clear that this was in my youth. I was just trying to point out the benefits of electrical tape over duct tape LOL. Plus I always had a supply of electrical tape, duct tape always seems to disappear so quickly. This was during the heyday of the real estate boom here in Mass. I remember I got home at 6:00, slept for two hours and had to be onsite at the OTHER job I was running in North Andover. As long as I was there, and the company van was in the parking lot, everyone was happy. I’m fairly certain that was their longest work day of my life.

Wow. Glad you cleared that up. I was in the midst of packing for a flight out your way to lend a hand....or thumb, as the case may be.;)

2 hours ago, Artie said:

The snake through the thumb thing was 29 years ago,

Oh well then, never mind:lol: But be careful just the same...you're 29 years older now.:rolleyes:

I think I'll adopt this one...

q3.jpg.060267f6fb5e90d7dbd60e0c8acbb2f8.jpg