Any Radio Heads Out There?

Ron Dudelston

My son bought a 1940's Philco radio to restore.  Believe it or not, the thing still works but he wants to add a digital radio to the unit with new speakers but also keep the original "guts" to the unit.  Here's the dilemma.  There is a small panel that he has removed that he wants to trim down and re-install as a removable plate to hide the digital radio.  I suggested installing a set of slides that would pull straight out and put a hinge on the face plate that would let you flip the plate down to access the radio.  Y'all have any ideas?

Philco 1.JPG

Philco2.JPG

Philco3.JPG

Ron,

I'm trying to tune into what you are describing, squeal :blink:pop :ohiss:huh: wait I think I have it <_<.

How about a pair of those hidden hinges that kick a door slightly forward when opened?

I'll look through my scrap boxes tomorrow, I may have just the ones that would do the trick.;)

1 minute ago, Courtland said:

I just noticed our youtube links don't work anymore? Is there anything else around this place that don't work anymore!

I noticed that a couple of time with "Wednesday's...". A few links, I tried to post would not "play", others did. I thought it might be something on You Tube