man that is one helluva a project you got there Michael!

I'll pass on what I have learned so far from the experts, first, when you start dissassembling the machine, take a picture of every move you make, every bolt and assembly gets a picture, and every bolt and assembly gets marked, bagged if it will fit, and categorized into a box. I started on my Walker Turner DP a few months back and I got stalled in the middle of the project, and I am so glad I took a ton of pictures and categorized and marked the parts, because there is no way I'd remember how it all goes back.

Thanks for sharing with us man, this is way cool. My head would need looked at for sure!

Michael, Nice project machine.

There is a link for the Wadkins machines literature on Arthurs website www.owwm.net If you don't already have the literature.

I'm sure Jack (Tool 613) and Arthur will be along soon.

Paging Jack and Arthur, paging Jack and Arthur

And no I don't think having ones head examined is in order here.It probably wouldn't help!

• 1 year later...

Looks fabulous~!!!!!

You may need to learn a little about Babbet metal and bearing casing.

Having taken quite a few complex machines apart over the years I can tell you that there is almost no substitute for good drawings or pictures of the thing as it comers apart with as many dedicated small containers for the screws and parts with labels as humanly possible.Video would be great, just stay organized.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2015 at 2:33 PM, michael mcveigh said:

Oh not very well ,I completely stripped down way back and restored around half of the machine need to get back to it ,been so busy at work just can't get time! Regards Michael.

That's how my Walker Turner 14" Driver Line Drill Press turned out Michael, it was 3 years ago I had Larry Buskirk online here in chat, walking me through the wiring to get it running at least, to see if the machine even worked, it did, I stripped it down, and now it sites in boxes, waiting for me to pay attention to it once again! I feel ya man!