Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'butcher block'.
Found 4 results
Greetings all. Quick question here ( I hope). I am building a butcher block rolling island for my daughter (which many of you helped me with in the design stage). During the thickness planing stage on the butcher block top, I got a couple small tear out spots which are too deep to sand out. I was thinking that I could fill the depressions with some epoxy. I have never had to use epoxy and am looking for any suggestions any of you may have as to any preferences you may have. Don't need more than a tablespoon so no large quantity needed. And will epoxy take mineral oil "finish" ok? Thoughts? And as always, thank you in advance for any assistance. Gary
The Kitchen Island made of solid maple was delivered to Naples, Florida and installed this past week. I got a picture over the weekend showing it on the top of the Island. Always worry when I am doing a job and have not been to the location and using someone's measurements, but in this case it looks like it was a perfect fit.
I started a few days ago on the Kitchen Island top out of Maple. I went over to the Wood Stash and got enough maple to bring to the shop and start working on. The top has to be 41"x51"x2". I got all of the boards cuts a little over size and ready for the jointer Ran one side across the jointer and ready to run through the planer. After it was run through the planer I stacked it all and put some clamps on it to just check my size and be sure I was going to be okay to start the glue up. That is going to be one large Island top. So last night I was looking at either gluing it up in three of four glue ups and them putting those together. So those are the three panels and I am thinking I am going to do it in four just to give me more working time and make it easier to pull them tight together. I should get them glued tonight or first thing in the morning. Well it was Thursday Morning before I got the panels glued. I decided to glue them into four sections and I am so glad I did. Once the clamps were on there it was almost too heavy for me to lift off the assembly table. Also to glue up all for sections has taken almost a gallon of Titebond III glue. 1st Panel 2nd Panel 3rd and 4th Panels It will most likely be Saturday morning before I start gluing the panels together. I think I will glue two panels together and then when they are dry, glue the two sections together.