Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

The Patriot Woodworkers with Operation Ward 57 Adopt a Wounded Warrior Family for the Holidays - 2019 project is live, please click on link to view our very special annual project.

Search the Community

Showing results for tags '6 x 48'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • The Woodworking Discussion Forum
    • Introduce Yourself
    • General Woodworking
    • Wood Turners
    • Wood Carving
    • Hand Tools
    • Scroll Sawing
    • Finishing
    • CNC
    • Tools, Research, Reviews and Safety
    • Show Us Your Woodworking Shops
    • Plans and Software
    • The Veterans Corner and Causes Forum
  • The Old Machinery Discussion Forum
    • Old Woodworking Machinery
    • Old Metalworking Machinery
    • Old Machinery Operating and Restoration Tips
    • Old Woodworking Machinery Archive
    • Old Machinery Badges and Decals
  • The Home Improvement Forum
    • Home Improvement
    • Patio and Outdoors
  • The Scrap Bin
    • Free for All
    • The Classified, Swap and Sale
    • Patriot Woodworker Member Meetings
    • The Patriot's Pulse
    • Announcements
    • Network Tutorials
    • Bugs and Issues

Categories

  • Book and Literature
  • CNC Files
    • CAD Files
    • CAM Files
    • CNC Reference and Tutorials
  • General Woodworking
    • Shop Charts
    • Shop Jigs
    • Shop Furniture
    • Arts and Crafts
    • Furnishings
    • Musical Instruments
    • Wooden Toys
    • Yard and Outdoors
  • Home Improvement
  • Old Machinery Badge & Decal Images
    • Beaver Power Tools-Callander Foundry
    • Delta Specialty Co.
    • Delta Mfg. Co.
    • Delta Milwaukee
    • Delta Rockwell
    • Walker Turner
    • Sears Companion
    • Sears Craftsman
    • Sears Dunlap
  • Sketchup Sharing Center
    • Furnishings
    • Shop Jigs
    • Arts and Crafts
    • Sketchup Tutorials
  • Scroll Saw Patterns

Blogs

  • Building A Walnut Shotgun Case
  • Military Challenge Coin Display Build
  • SJUSD Veterans Recieve Plaques from Patriot Tigers
  • The Pastor’s Table or I Think My Sister Is Trying To Buy My Way Into Heaven
  • Small Patch Musings and Such
  • Steve Krumanaker
  • Christmas 2016
  • Photography
  • Cherry Entertainment Center
  • Another Church Table
  • Inside Out Turning
  • Segmented Turning
  • Canon Ball Bed
  • Situation Normal, All Fired Up
  • DUST COLLECTORS 101
  • Workbench PIP
  • Republishing the French Rolling Pin blog

Product Groups

  • Old Hand Tools
  • New Hand Tools
  • Freedom Caps
  • T-Shirts

Marker Groups

  • Members
  • Sponsors
  • Administrators
  • Forum Hosts

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


First Name


Last Name


My Location


My Woodworking Interests


My skill level is


Website URL


Favorite Quote


AIM


MSN


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Facebook URL


Twitter Feed URL


My Clubs and Organizations

Found 1 result

  1. Picked this up from another member over on the Canadian forum. It was in what can only be described as tough shape with no motor. It was completely encased in want looked to be a hard shell of bondo dust. At least thats what I assumed it to be given the seller said it came out of a body shop. But what the hay, I love a challenge. Fist step was to remove all the crud. Turns out it was fairly easy to scrape off. After complete disassembly I soaked all the painted parts in a strong hot bath of TSP which moved any remaining crud. Follwed this up with a two day soak in citric acid solution to remove all the rust as well as some of the paint.Removed the paint with paint remover. Discovered that a couple of the legs had been bent and twisted so I had to straighten them out. The belt cover was dinged and pushed in a bit. Some work on the dings and some bondo worked fixed that problem As usual the top cover had a groove worn it it from a poorly tracking belt. Some JB and bondo disguised this. Wire wheeled and buffed all the shiny parts. Painted it up. Made new decals and put it back together. Put on a 1 HP motor I had in my rathole, install a new motor starter and drive belt. The machine did try my paitence when I was tracking the new sanding belt. By the way this is best done with the side cover and top cover removed. Fortunately I had been warned about this in advance. Turned out good enough to earn a place next to the rest of my Delta stuff. I also discovered during the coarse of the rebuild that I was missing two parts, a front dust deflector that goes at the bottom of the belt and a small dust deflector that goes inside the dust chute. I made the deflector for the inside (sorry forgot to take picture) I was making the one for the bottom of the belt but gave it second thoughts. I ended up using the one in the picture below by the previous owner. It no doubt catches more dust as it strats just below the table. I know it cuts down on the belt lenght in the horizontal position but I don't that as a problem as I am likely to use it in the vertical position most often.
×
×
  • Create New...