Challenge Coin Display Campaign, Are you Ready! (UPDATE: April 30th 2013)

John Morris

Thanks for that Ron, you're absolutely right! Just a little more depth is great for added support.

Ron Dudelston said:

A REMINDER:  I think it bears commenting that if you build off of John Morris' example, we found that a depth of 5/16" of the coin slots worked better than 1/4".

Ron Dudelston
Site Administrator

Above and Beyond WoodWorks

John Morris
The Patriot Woodworker
Proud Supporter of Homes For Our Troops and Wounded Warriors Project

• 2 weeks later...

I set my dado blade between 1/4 and 5/16.  It might be 9/32.... LOL  I do agree with you. 

Ron Dudelston said:

A REMINDER:  I think it bears commenting that if you build off of John Morris' example, we found that a depth of 5/16" of the coin slots worked better than 1/4".

Ron Dudelston
Site Administrator

Thanks. All the racks are made out of Red Oak.  Looking at the picture the left is stain in Early American and the right is Red Oak.  I really like the Red Oak stain.  The batch I made in Aug 2012, I used Danish med. walnut.  I think I am going to try all the stains I have and see how they look. 

Ron Dudelston said:

Great job Lance.  Mine will be headed west this week also.

Ron Dudelston
Site Administrator

• 2 weeks later...

Some nice displays have come in!!! I'll get some pics shortly, but for a run down we received some wonderful displays from Lance Hall, Ron Dudelston, and Darrell Jansen!!!!

Thanks guys!!!!

John Morris
The Patriot Woodworker

I didn't get to send mine in so ill join the next one. I'm actually in Bethesda right now for training at the National Naval Medical Center Bethesda... Yes I know its been renamed to Walter Reed but I'm Navy so I still call it Bethesda. I'll be here until the end of the week.

Will, that is completely awesome!!!!! Thank you so much sir!!!!! We are getting some good shipments coming in folks!!!! I know this takes some time to get together on your all's end, please know we appreciate your efforts so very much.

Thank you again Will!!!

Will Downing said:

Box full of displays are headed west in tomorrow's mail.

Will

John Morris
The Patriot Woodworker

LOL!!! Bethesda it is Navy man!!!!! Your funny Dave. :)

Dave, we will have more of these campaigns in the future, we completely understand life and duty gets in the way at times. We'll look for ya next time!!!! Be safe, and happy training!

Dave said:

I didn't get to send mine in so ill join the next one. I'm actually in Bethesda right now for training at the National Naval Medical Center Bethesda... Yes I know its been renamed to Walter Reed but I'm Navy so I still call it Bethesda. I'll be here until the end of the week.

John Morris
The Patriot Woodworker

Archived