Christmas Morning Checkin

John Morris

Not exchanging gifts for my wife and I and we pretty much did gift cards for the kids, niece and nephews. Went to Christmas Eve service at church last night then went and saw the movie "Saving Mr. Banks" which was really good. Today will be quiet as we will have my wife's brother's family over about 3:30PST to hang out for a couple of hours and have dinner. They live here in town about 3 miles away. My wife's parents are not here this year (they live in Yuma, AZ which is a 4 hour drive from us) as her Dad is starting radiation tomorrow 12/26. He is 85 and has been having a lot of pain in his shoulder. They thought he may have torn a rotator cuff but it ended up that he has a cancerous tumor on his scapula that is about the 2-3" in diameter. The good thing is that it is of a rare type of bone cancer (600-800 cases per year in the US) and is slow growth with high survival rate. It responds best to radiation as opposed to chemotherapy which is good. But he will have to have about 12-15 sessions of radiation over a couple of weeks so pretty much 3-4 times per week. So we were planning on going out there for a few days, but with his treatment he will be pretty wiped out so we may have to put it off until January some time.

But through it all God is in control. Jesus Christ was born and died on the cross for the salvation of mankind. So it is a Merry Christmas indeed.

Allen Worsham
Corona, CA

allenworsham@earthlink.net

'Graze in every man's field, but always give your own milk.'
J. Vernon McGee

“Our greatest fear should not be that we won’t succeed,
but that we will succeed at something that doesn’t matter.â€
D.L. Moody

I rcvd a 20 v B&D lithium battery cordless drill with a 30 piece router bit set. Hope everyone around the world has a very Merry Christmas, as long as they don't forget what Christmas is all about, Jesus.

One of my Christmas Presents came early. It was the DeWalt planer.

In my stocking I got a Wixey depth gauge.

And my son brought me a beautiful 18 Y.O.

^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
bottle of scotch.

Gene
'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

I got the usual gift from family that I usually spend on woodworking of some sort but this year half of it went to bills.

That's ok though, there is still a bit to play with, I wonder what I will get? Probably something along the lines of a few blades for the EWT's I got last year and who knows, maybe I'll get a wood burner myself.

I'm gonna be a goofball here Lee and say about an hour, as that is how long it took me to burn myself with my first woodburner that I got as a kid :)  I'm really hoping we don't burn ourselves though LOL.

Merry Christmas Everybody

P.S. I really like the snow on the page here, I hope it stays around for a while, after all it is Winter. Said as I exit stage right LOLning-m1826-6412-90.gif

Charles Nicholls
nicholls61@att.net
Proud supporter of The Wounded Warrior Project, Homes For Our Troops and the NRA

http://www.etsy.com/shop/nichollswoodworks

As for me, a new set of forestner bits and NEW BAGS FOR MY DUST COLLECTOR - the reason for the shouting (all caps) is that I'm on my last bag and it's just about had it.

Sounds like we were all good boys this year (except Cliff).  :)

Fred
aka Pop's Shop
www.pops-shop.com
'Soooooo many patterns - sooooo little time'
Scroll Saw Forum Host

If you look close, the bottom hole from the side also has a similar mark. This is probably a trigger adjustment screw recessed into the trigger face. I hope that helps and I hope I am correct.

Nice side arm Rich :)

Rob Austin said:

On the front flat face of the trigger in the enlarged picture there looks like a round mark or maybe part of a safety.

Richard McComas said:

Somewhere in Kenya.... a village is missing its idiot!

Alaskans for Gobble Warming

Archived