Scroll Saw Forum Host Fred Wilson Recovering From Surgery

John Morris

I'd like to take this time to send Fred Wilson our prayers and thoughts for a speedy recovery from his bypass surgery that was performed on him.

fred-wilson.jpg

Fred is recovering as we speak in a nice cozy hospital, he stated that the bypass surgery was performed on his leg (primordal artery bypass).

A stint was installed last year in the same location but the blockage is back in a big way so they had to perform the bypass this time.
We are very grateful for Fred's progress, not only for him and his family of course, but very selfishly, our community would not be the same without ol Fred.

So Fred, if you are reading this, please be well, take care, we got ya covered here on this end, and please have a speedy recovery.
Oh by the way, Fred also stated that at this point, his leg is in pain, I guess that would be expected! Hang in there Fred!!!!!! We are rooting for ya big guy!!!!

get-well-soon-dog.jpg

John Morris
The Patriot Woodworker
image001.jpg?width=90

Fred, Mimi and I are sending prayers and good thoughts for a speedy recovery!

Lew Kauffman-
Wood Turners Forum Host
Rolling Pin photo crop3_zps88fb0af9.jpg?width=100
Time Traveler and Purveyor of the Universe's Finest Custom Rolling Pins!

Lew Kauffman-
Wood Turners Forum Host
Rolling Pin photo crop3_zps88fb0af9.jpg?width=100
Time Traveler and Purveyor of the Universe's Finest Custom Rolling Pins!

Thanks, guys and gals.  They finally let me get up and walk today - of course I had to use a walker, a safety belt, and a PT guy with me.  Hoping to get outta here tomorrow or Sunday.  Judy is too far away when I need one of her sweet kisses.

Yes, I will listen to docs, nurses, and Judy during my recovery.  Sounds like doc isn't going to allow me down in the shop for at least a couple of weeks.  - - - - wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, fusssssssssssssssssssssssss, and anything else I could fit on the line.

Take care guys and I'll be oining you on the dust line shortly.

Fred
aka Pop's Shop
www.pops-shop.com
'Soooooo many patterns - sooooo little time'
Scroll Saw Forum Host
'Stop complaining about the storm and learn to dance in the rain.'

BTDT.   July of 2011, quad bypass.     10 day stay at the heart center.    Know all about that safety belt thing.   They made me walk from my room in ICCU down the hall to a "regular" room.  

Told the nurses that as long as they are keeping me in stitches, I will tell enough jokes to keep them in "stitches".

A few weeks after I got home, I was walking almost a mile a day, then two, and then got yelled at for logging in FIVE miles one day..

Just takes awhile.    Home Nurse did a little yelling at me, too.    Seems I wanted to go to the Pole Barn Shop and putter around.    "NYET!"      Ok,  try later, AFTER you leave...

Biggest thing holding one back is allowing one bone to heal enough.    The wires are nice, but that bone needs to knit back around it.    Then things get a lot better.  

Hey, almost forgot, need a picture of Sir Cough-a-lot that they gave you.    Or did you just get a pillow??

Planer? I'm the 'planer', and these are what I use...

Fred hope you are feeling better and stronger each day. Look forward to you being back on here with us as soon as possible.

John Moody
Site Administratorning-johnmoodywoodworkslogo2-5965-88.jpghttp://www.johnmoodywoodworks.com
“Don’t make something unless it is both necessary and useful; but if it is both necessary and useful, don’t hesitate to make it beautiful.†Shaker Saying

Thank you very much guys and gals.  God guided the doctor's hands very nicely (even though the incision line is basically between top of left groin and top of left ankle.  Yes, I am a FIRM  beliver in some of the new pain meds that are out now.  I know realize that when the doc said it would be at least a couple of weeks until I get back to the shop, he knows what he's talking about.

Thanks again, folks - got home this afternoon.

Fred
aka Pop's Shop
www.pops-shop.com
'Soooooo many patterns - sooooo little time'
Scroll Saw Forum Host
'Stop complaining about the storm and learn to dance in the rain.'

Archived