What I have been doing

Lissa Hall

I am sorry I have not been very active on the forum lately I have been busy with many things. I have finally taken the time with the weather today to make some posts, I uploaded a few pictures of the projects I have done and I am working on. some i have not posted as I forgot to take pictures of is a sign decorative sign and I also made a hobbit style pipe made from oak although it is rather plain I do like the way it turned out. I have also been asked to make some shelving for paws4vets to help them organize the stuff for the dogs at the training center. Even though I am not always posting I am always looking at the wonderful wood working that is being posted and believe that all of you are very talented and creative and I enjoy seeing all of your efforts.This site is such a inspirational resource and I just wanted to let all of you know that through this creativity you have helped me substantially with the effects of my PTSD and depression, by not only inspiring by your creativity but also by helping me with a hobby that calms my mind. Thank you so much for everything you do daily and all of your posting. I wanted to let you to know that even though this is a site to cultivate woodworking and creative ideas that though this site I have found an outlet and a focus that has helped with a serious depression and PTSD. SO thank you!!!!

No, Lissa, Thank You for your service and sacrifices. 

Sounds like you have been busy. I'm going to jump over to your pix and have a look!

Lew

Lew Kauffman-
Wood Turners Forum Host
Rolling Pin photo crop3_zps88fb0af9.jpg?width=100
Time Traveler and Purveyor of the Universe's Finest Custom Rolling Pins!

It's good to hear from you Lissa. As lew said, it's us that should be thanking you. So, a BIG THANK YOU!!

How's the shop coming? As you know, it's never actually done.

I liked the projects you posted. The TV stand from pallet wood is great. Your Green Man is really nice, too. Nice work.

Don't be a stranger. Please post some more of your work and, we'd all like to see more of the shop.

Gene
'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

Lissa, thank YOU for your kind words.  It is absolutely amazing that there actually is a site where we can discuss our passion and come away with so much more.

Show us dome more of your projects.

Fred
aka Pop's Shop
www.pops-shop.com
'Soooooo many patterns - sooooo little time'
Scroll Saw Forum Host
'Stop complaining about the storm and learn to dance in the rain.'

2014011909.43.51.jpg?width=721ok I know its not much to look at right now but here is the shop. its about 14x14 not including overhang i made that for my lawnmower and such. the concrete pad was from a previous "ruined shed that was here in 98 when we moved in. we had to tear it down because the roof was falling in and it was riddled with termites. I really can not wait till its all done.

Thanks so much for your kind words Lissa. Sometimes we wonder if anyone is reading or getting any inspiration for the the items we post. Glad you are enjoying and thanks for speaking up. Glad you are better and keep checking in.

John Moody
Site Administratorning-johnmoodywoodworkslogo2-5747-77.jpghttp://www.johnmoodywoodworks.com
“Don’t make something unless it is both necessary and useful; but if it is both necessary and useful, don’t hesitate to make it beautiful.†Shaker Saying