Sign in to follow this  
steven newman

Arriving today

Happened to be going past the old shop today, so I stopped by and picked up four planks of wood.   Now, the fun part is to actually MAKE something out of them.  

The planks?

four planks of 4/4 x 6 x 8' long

of

Black Walnut.     The same tree that gave me the two planks for a meersman table rebuild, has now given me four more planks.   

Looking around for a project to do....  Still might do a Schwarz tool box???    Ehhhh, could be......

Planer? I'm the 'planer', and these are what I use...

I'll see IF a photo will load, this timening-imag0033-5549-57.jpg?width=721test for shavingsning-imag0034-5549-32.jpg?width=721It does have a bit of figurening-imag0036-5549-18.jpg?width=721will have to work around this stuffning-imag0031-5549-96.jpg?width=721about 16 bf stacked there....

Already have cut one plank down a bit, my single brain cell is still working up a cut list.    May need a few more Mountain Dews to complete a plan.....

Steve is back!!!!!!Great looking stuff Steve, any ideas yet what they'll be?

John Morris
The Patriot Woodworker
ning-image001-5548-1.jpg?width=90

" Happened to be going past the old shop today, so I stopped by and picked up four planks of wood.   Now, the fun part is to actually MAKE something out of them.  "

Steve, I'm sure you will be able to find something to make with them.

Fred
aka Pop's Shop
www.pops-shop.com
'Soooooo many patterns - sooooo little time'
Scroll Saw Forum Host
'Stop complaining about the storm and learn to dance in the rain.'

Looking like a chest of some sort will be cobbled up from this stash.   Brain Cell Sketch-up is a little slow, working with just a single cell.    The only good one that is left up there...

Working on cutting some parts.

Have some cut down to about 29" or so.   Will be ripping them into pairs for corner posts.    Corner joints will be a Tongue & Groove affair.    Already have a few raised panels made up for the ends.    Will be a contrasting wood for them.  

Depending on wood supplies, front and back panels may be either one piece or two panels.   Lid MAY be flat, OR....(wait for it..)   COOPERED?     Already have done one of those type of lids.     Way back when,  it was made from a stash of old pine floor boards.   Will have to wait and see....

Have the entire day OFF tomorrow, after getting through four straight 12 hr. work days.   

Sign in to follow this  

Who We Are

Operation Ward 57 Challenge Coin Display Project

We are a woodworking community with an emphasis on sharing and learning the skilled craft of woodworking and all of its related disciplines. Our community is open to everyone who wishes to join us. We support our American veterans and active duty, being a veteran is not a prerequisite to join. Join us now!

Objective

Air Force Command Center Plaque

Of course just like most online woodworking communities we are centralized in the arts, crafts, and trades that are woodworking. But, we have another focus in our Patriot Woodworker community, we are the only woodworking community that was founded on our care and concern for our disabled veterans.

Volunteer

Patriot Woodworker Volunteers

The Patriot Woodworkers are an all volunteer community, from the staff and hosts who run our online woodworking community to the members who frequent our forums, you'll find volunteers in all of us. We are not on a payroll, unless you consider the spiritual rewards gained from volunteering, as compensation.

Education

Logging

One of the many projects we are working on is a wiki for our online community. A wiki is a great way for woodworkers and enthusiasts to share their knowledge to others, and to impart their knowledge for others to learn from, and utilize as well for their own benefit. We hope you'll consider being a wiki contributor.