Good Friday, April 18th, What's on Your Patriot Woodworking Agenda this Weekend?

John Moody

As we head into this weekend I am reminded of one of the most significant pieces of woodworking, the Cross. Jesus' earthly father was a carpenter and must have taught him the trade. To have been there when the trees were created and to see them turned into the usable furniture they needed must have seem special. Then to be nailed to the cross to die for our sins. When I look at the cross and see two pieces of wood put together, I see much more than two pieces of wood put together.

But we are thankful that it didn't end at the cross, as Jesus was raised from the dead and lives today, having paid for our sins and providing the path for eternal life for us with the Father in Heaven.

This weekend will have some woodworking on Saturday for me, but then we will spend time together as a family on Sunday. My youngest granddaughter prayed and ask Jesus into her heart on Tuesday night. She will make it public at Church this Easter Sunday morning. I am looking forward to being there and witnessing her coming forward.

I hope you all get to spend precious time with your families this weekend and to celebrate the life, death and resurrection of my Savior and Lord Jesus Christ.

As always, we here at TPW love to hear about and see the projects you are working on.

Have a very blessed weekend and please share with us your planes for this weekend.

Amen John!

Looking forward to having to our services this weekend at church.

That is awesome for your granddaughter accepting Christ into her life. Another link in the chain to the next generation.

No woodworking for me as we have other things going on. Today my wife has a doctors appointment down in Orange County at 3pm so we will have to stay down there until later to make the drive home as the freeway will be bumper to bumper up until 8pm with the Good Friday traffic heading out of town. So unfortunately we will miss the Good Friday service at church.

On a side note, Good Friday is a very important day to me on multiple levels. It is the day we celebrate Jesus Christ's death on the cross for the sins of man kind. But on Good Friday in 1983 I proposed to my wife and asked her to marry me. It was after our church's Good Friday Service and we went out and had dinner and then went back to her parents house. In her living room on her couch I asked her to marry me and she started to laugh at first and then saw that I was serious. she then said yes and we will be celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary in 10 days. The reason that Tami laughed is that she thought I was joking. You see, Good Friday in 1983 was on April 1st and she thought it was a joke as I am known for my warped and sarcastic sense of humor. The funny thing about it is that it never crossed my mind that it was April Fools Day as all I thought was that being Good Friday it was a good day for me to ask the woman I loved to marry me and it would be a day that I would never forget. Well, I have never forgot it and neither has she.

God bless you brother.
I mentioned that I recently chopped down a Chestnut tree, well I'm still at it but being it's Easter time I did reflect on that tree and how the men back then used their hands. I don't think we've changed at all, it's still something God designed us to do.
You can find so many parts of the Bible where for His Glory men were to create with the work of their hands.
So, let's all do something Glorious this weekend, with our hands.

Congratulations!

Allen Worsham said:

Amen John!

Looking forward to having to our services this weekend at church.

That is awesome for your granddaughter accepting Christ into her life. Another link in the chain to the next generation.

No woodworking for me as we have other things going on. Today my wife has a doctors appointment down in Orange County at 3pm so we will have to stay down there until later to make the drive home as the freeway will be bumper to bumper up until 8pm with the Good Friday traffic heading out of town. So unfortunately we will miss the Good Friday service at church.

On a side note, Good Friday is a very important day to me on multiple levels. It is the day we celebrate Jesus Christ's death on the cross for the sins of man kind. But on Good Friday in 1983 I proposed to my wife and asked her to marry me. It was after our church's Good Friday Service and we went out and had dinner and then went back to her parents house. In her living room on her couch I asked her to marry me and she started to laugh at first and then saw that I was serious. she then said yes and we will be celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary in 10 days. The reason that Tami laughed is that she thought I was joking. You see, Good Friday in 1983 was on April 1st and she thought it was a joke as I am known for my warped and sarcastic sense of humor. The funny thing about it is that it never crossed my mind that it was April Fools Day as all I thought was that being Good Friday it was a good day for me to ask the woman I loved to marry me and it would be a day that I would never forget. Well, I have never forgot it and neither has she.