How to cut and load a tree the easy way.

Rate this topic

My best friend here I've been jacking with for about 20 years now uses 4x4 German tractors, we get those things everywhere.
To haul them he's got several duce-and-a-half's, perfect for hauling logs.
Back in 2000 when we got hit hard those tractors were the only thing around here that could get in and out of the mountains, even I was getting cats stuck, they'd just sink and sink until even their clamshell couldn't pull them out.
(I got a 30 ton stuck, that nobody thought could get stuck, but Murphy got involved!)
At that time we brought in so many mature Eastern Hemlock's I built an entire house with cathedral ceilings, then we hooked a Vet up, my wife checked on him not long ago, still off the grid and enjoying his last days in peace. Ooh Rah!

Mark that CAT has been stuck several times, so yes you can stick them.

Mark Wisecarver said:

My best friend here I've been jacking with for about 20 years now uses 4x4 German tractors, we get those things everywhere.
To haul them he's got several duce-and-a-half's, perfect for hauling logs.
Back in 2000 when we got hit hard those tractors were the only thing around here that could get in and out of the mountains, even I was getting cats stuck, they'd just sink and sink until even their clamshell couldn't pull them out.
(I got a 30 ton stuck, that nobody thought could get stuck, but Murphy got involved!)
At that time we brought in so many mature Eastern Hemlock's I built an entire house with cathedral ceilings, then we hooked a Vet up, my wife checked on him not long ago, still off the grid and enjoying his last days in peace. Ooh Rah!