Patriot Picking

John Moody

Patriot Picking or Rust Hunting, which ever you prefer. I got a text from a friend yesterday while I was at therapy. I didn't get the text till I came out as I can't get a signal in the building. He sent me a picture of a really cool looking workworker's old wood tool box and ask if I was interested. Well of course I am always interested so I had him to call me and tell me where it was. As it turned out I was pretty close and ran by the place on my way home after therapy.

I look at the box and it was very cool but the wanted 200.00 so I passed. But while I was there I started looking around in the room and found a few other pieces that I got for 2.00/each.

Then I went out to the shop and got to look around. That is where I found several items. A couple of Disston saws, a Stanley No.45, several other planes, a hand grinder, wooden level and this really cool old metal bench mounted vise.

Some of the items I will be telling you more about later.

I am off this afternoon for a little more picking to see what treasure I might find.

John Moody
Site Administratorhttp://www.johnmoodywoodworks.com
“Don’t make something unless it is both necessary and useful; but if it is both necessary and useful, don’t hesitate to make it beautiful.” Shaker Saying

I though so also Lew. I think I am going to mount it on one of my benches.

Lewis Kauffman said:

Cool Vise.

Lew Kauffman-
Wood Turners Forum Host
Rolling Pin photo crop3_zps88fb0af9.jpg?width=100
Time Traveler and Purveyor of the Universe's Finest Custom Rolling Pins!

John Moody
Site Administratorhttp://www.johnmoodywoodworks.com
“Don’t make something unless it is both necessary and useful; but if it is both necessary and useful, don’t hesitate to make it beautiful.” Shaker Saying

Archived