Pocket Angels Project

Good day to everyone!!!  I wanted to share what I have been up to lately.  Just over a year ago, the town of Prescott, AZ lost 19 Wildfire Firefighters in a wildfire in the town of Yarnell, AZ.  About that time, Sue Mey came out with a pattern for 'Pocket Angels".  I bought the pattern, made a bunch, and started giving them to my local Fire Stations to show my gratitude and offer condolences for their monumental loss.  Shortly there later, a local Police Officer was gunned down on duty.  I cut enough angels to give one to every officer in  my local precinct.  They were so appreciated that the Commander of that precinct sent me a thank you letter.  Well,needless to say, that felt really good.  I posted the letter and a picture of the angels to my Facebook page and had a couple of my woodworking friends volunteer to help if I would make some for a neighboring Police Department.  Since I used to live in that city, I agreed.  My friends kind of let me down with their offers to help.  No big deal though!  I was using up my 1/8" plywood scrap!!  Anyway, very long story shorter...tomorrow I will finish giving all Phoenix Police Officers an angel!  1820 angels!  Plus the 500 angels given to Surprise PD, 650 angels given to Glendale PD and 600 angels ready to give to Maricopa County Sheriff's Deputies.  I was just looking to see how many Police Departments we have in the Valley and found 14.  Some are very small, however others are quite large!  I will obviously be busy for quite some time!!  Anyway, the moral of my story is this...if you appreciate the work someone else is doing on your behalf, ie; Police, Fire, Military...this is a wonderful way of showing your appreciation.  I have made hundreds of new friends, can probably get out of a speeding ticket any where in town, and feel fantastic about what I am doing!  I'm still hoping that that tiny piece of wood will somehow help to protect the Officers that are carrying themning-001-1197-53.jpg?width=750

Carol

I take my hat off to you for your efforts and enduring love for those unsung heros. I will see what Pattern you are referring to at Sue's site and joing in your small but very important crusade locally. If enough scrollers get involved imagine what the difference it could make.

Thank You so very much for sharing ! Just orders the angels .......

Wayne Mahler
God bless and protect our troops that serve so we can be free.

That's wonderful!!!!  I do think about that, all the time.  From what I'm told, just that small angel makes the Officers feel a little special, a lot more appreciated!

Wayne Mahler said:

Carol

I take my hat off to you for your efforts and enduring love for those unsung heros. I will see what Pattern you are referring to at Sue's site and joing in your small but very important crusade locally. If enough scrollers get involved imagine what the difference it could make.

Thank You so very much for sharing !

Wayne Mahler
God bless and protect our troops that serve so we can be free.

Carol,

You are an inspiration! Our public service workers certainly do not get the recognition they deserve. Thank you for making a difference.

Lew Kauffman-
Wood Turners Forum Host
Rolling Pin photo crop3_zps88fb0af9.jpg?width=100
Time Traveler and Purveyor of the Universe's Finest Custom Rolling Pins!

Archived