According to the inventory of the remaining wood stash from the old bed frame:

1 1x6x7' rail in plywood ( soaked)

1 1x 6 x 7'  rail  might be a glue/lam board, lots and lot of thin plys

1 1 x 10 x7'  pine board

2 trim piece from the headboard So, there was just enough for a frame and planel lid.  Cross cut to 1 x 6 gl board to just under 34" long, then ripped in right down the center.   Front and backs are cut.    Cut a section @14" or so long, and ripped it right down the middle.   ends are done.   Got out the router, and made some grooves.   The two short sections needed tenons on each end.   Got out the sharpest saw in the shopning-imag0187-491-26.jpg?width=750

Hey,it works, ok.   A Disston D-8 11 point crosscut saw.   Then a chisel to knock off the waste.   There is a stop block behind the rail, and another on the end.   One to clamp  the part to, the other as a stop block for the chisel work.   Got all four tenons made. Time to try out some new toys!

ning-imag0192-491-9.jpg

These just came in the mail a few days ago...REAL Mortise chisels.    Since the tenons go deeper than the panel's grooves, time to try these outning-imag0189-491-10.jpg?width=750

Another set of jigs.   One to clamp the part in place, the other to keep it level in the first jig.  Finger clamp to secure things in the jig.   I can also raise the parts up, and clamp under them, for the times I need to plane an edge.   Chisels worked great, soon had a frame made

ning-imag0191-491-35.jpg?width=750

And NOW I can measure for a panel.    I had that 1x10 to bring in to the shop.   Cross ut to section to 29" or so.   Needed about 13" in width......from a 1 x10???   Ok rip a filler strip to get the width to 13", AFTER jointing a few edges straight.   Tried the edges to see which fit which edge, and made a witness mark across the joint.   Panel is now sitting ON my benchtop, hogging about every clamp I havening-imag0194-491-64.jpg?width=750

While the rest of the parts chill out in a forlorn corner of the shop.    LUNCH TIME!    Maybe tomorrow, I can make a raised panel, add a frame around it, and add some trimning-imag0193-491-40.jpg?width=750

You can barely make out the profile on the trim boards.   That old finish needs to go,   Stay tuned...