Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Rate this topic

So I am in the market (finally) to start better outfitting my wood shop. Found a Facebook post of a guy I know selling pretty much everything he has. I got extremely excited and went to call him up. Then I realized that the post was almost two years old. Man I felt like an idiot. When I discovered my mistake I had already left him a voicemail. Long story short he called me back and as it turns out he had only sold the table saw. Well I've already got one. I scored on a Dewalt 735 planer and a porter cable 3 1/2 horse router. Picked them both up for $600. He threw in 2 brand new sets of knives for the planer as well. I thought I did good. Then he tells me since we're both public servants (him a police officer and me a firefighter) that he isn't advertising it anymore and if I wanted anything else just pick it and he would hold it for me. I'm going back when funds are replinished and snagging a 14" bandsaw, a jointer, and a mortising machine. Possibly his lathe as well. All are delta and he only wants $650 for the lot. I was on cloud 9 yesterday to say the least. Felt like I did good. What do y'all think?

Yea they were kept in a storage building John. Mostly rust free but had to do a little cleanup of small rust spots and the occasional dirt dauber nest. The screws for raising and lowering the cutter head on the planer had rust in a few spots. Took a wire brush to them and they are good to go. The knives were rusty and the cutter head has spots on it but nothing I'm worried about. They are used tools after all. I'm gonna put a new set of knives in soon. Not terribly experienced with a planer so I'll have to read up on operation, but looking forward to slinging some chips very soon! Dust collector is the next purchase. Gotta have one. This thing could get messy. Loud as heck too so no night time planing for sure. I like How Gene Howe has his set up with a separator then just has it discharge outside the shop through the wall. Shop is in progress. I'll post pics as I complete stages.