Jewelry Box Sketchup Model with Compound Curves

Dan Cooper

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your feedback. My designs these days are mostly "conceptual." They have the advantage of not having to work out the joinery, though I could if necessary, but you guys can imagine it if you want! Also, really good humidor model. Good work on the legs.  Dan

Post away Dan!!!! I love seeing conceptual Sketchup work! Like Lew stated regarding the forum, I'll move this to the appropriate forum at Plans and Software.

I know we have folks here who love using Sketchup, and I like seeing it used, specially when a project comes from it. Thanks for being here Dan and thanks for your topic contributions!

Hi Dab,

Not really a woodworker, but I imagine starting by laminating a dark wood to light wood in a block, at least for the bottom and then routing out the curves and inside. The top needs something similar but the wood in is a different orientation over the top. Dan

2 hours ago, Dan Cooper said:

Hi Kmealy,

Ah, thanks for the link. Is there a name for what I did where I had curves that flow into each other?

Dan

Just curves :D

We call em reverse curves if they go the other direction, at least in my Land Survey world they do, but that would be a dumb title for your box, a Reverse Curve Box. :lol:

How about, "One Sexy Curvaceous Box". 

Whatever it's called it's a good looking box. :)

Now, what the heck is "pedantic"?!!!!!