Etsy Or? Looking For Hand Made Website

John Morris

I know about Etsy, but I remember there was a website that started it all, selling hand made crafts online, it was the first one, and only one at the time, and everyone loved it and sold on it.

I think you could buy ready made items and you could hire crafts persons to make your custom items, but the name escapes me, a little help please?

Thanks

This was it, I remember now, but now it's a jewelry only website.

CustomMade

CustomMade is an online custom jeweler. Until 2015, the business operated as an online marketplace connecting customers with independent artisans who produce custom-designed furniture, jewelry, home décor, and other personalized items. CustomMade is the world's first and largest online seller of custom products.

That is how I remember it, but I didn't realize this much time passed since they changed their format. Wow, time flies!!

@Ron Dudelston, thanks for that information, I was thinking of joining Etsy at some time, I did not know about their fees, but like you said, go in with eyes wide open and be prepared for that occasional sale that I guess we have no control over! Wow! As you stated, price items accordingly.

You stated that 15% of everything including shipping, did you mean including shipping to the customer! The customer got 15 percent off the shipping charges? Thanks

7 hours ago, John Morris said:

@Ron Dudelston, thanks for that information, I was thinking of joining Etsy at some time, I did not know about their fees, but like you said, go in with eyes wide open and be prepared for that occasional sale that I guess we have no control over! Wow! As you stated, price items accordingly.

You stated that 15% of everything including shipping, did you mean including shipping to the customer! The customer got 15 percent off the shipping charges? Thanks

Here is a screenshot of an order from yesterday.  I misspoke with the 15% total fee.  It is 15% of total for an ad based sale but 6.5% of a regular sale.  On this item, I charge $29 for the item and  a flat $9.00 shipping.  As you can see, the shipping was $8.05 but if this item goes to the west coast it is about $12.00.  It all tends to balance out.  On this $29 item I received $20.11 from Etsy.99EE8496-6993-4E4F-BE3B-ED18FDE4184E.png