Just Curious About...

Grandpadave52

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t usually even look at the price of a gallon. I have a 60 mile round trip for work. I gotta get there, car is my only option, so I just fill it up. (The it being a 2016 Honda Fit ). I believe last fill-up was 4.89/gallon. This is the highest I’ve ever paid for gas.  

10 hours ago, Larry Buskirk said:

But that 5 gallons will last the whole year. 

I've got a 30# propane tank feeding a 2-burner APW Wyott range. Keep it out back in a roll-door cabinet for messy, smoky grilling. The tank seems to last forever, but then again, I'm not deep-frying turkeys. :D

$110 to fill up last time. Driving like an old man and limiting elective distance visiting, it lasts 2-3 weeks between fill-ups.

14 hours ago, Artie said:

I don’t usually even look at the price of a gallon. I have a 60 mile round trip for work. I gotta get there, car is my only option, so I just fill it up. (The it being a 2016 Honda Fit ). I believe last fill-up was 4.89/gallon. This is the highest I’ve ever paid for gas.  

I did a career change in my mid 30's...before I got into healthcare I was production in a Brake plant. That factory job was 7 days a week,..period. You would get a day off every month or so..just depending. The mileage for the round trip was exactly 60 miles so I totally get the concept. The last time gas went up it hit around 4$ per gallon here back then around '08....I certainly noticed it and ended up buying a Honda civic vs driving my Tacoma to work every single day. Depending on where I'm working at now I may drive much further...but just not as many days. 

I drive like an old man, too. Wait...I am  an old man. 

Usually 1 to 2 miles under the speed limit. I'm sure it angers some folks behind me. If they needed to get somewhere at a specified time, they shoulda left earlier instead of driving like a bat outta he!!. 

Gas prices?? They are what they are. We can blame the Russians, Arabs, global warming, the supply chain or, the Ash borer but, we all pretty much know the causes. 

3 minutes ago, Gene Howe said:

I drive like an old man, too. Wait...I am  an old man. 

Usually 1 to 2 miles under the speed limit. I'm sure it angers some folks behind me. If they needed to get somewhere at a specified time, they shoulda left earlier instead of driving like a bat outta he!!. 

Gas prices?? They are what they are. We can blame the Russians, Arabs, global warming, the supply chain or, the Ash borer but, we all pretty much know the causes. 

Yep on all accounts,..especially those people in a hurry :OldManSmiley:

Archived