A Wee Bit of Shopsmith Help, Please

I'm building a lumber rack from 2X4s and 3/4" EMT. I need to drill 3/4" holes at a 5° angle on the edge of an 8' 2X4. They need to start 1' from the end and go up in 1' increments. My problem is that the holes need to angle upward along the length. As you know, our table only tilts on one axis. In the DP mode, that's front and back. Am I missing something?

11 hours ago, Headhunter said:

Horizontal boring.  Clamp a straight edge at your 5* angle on the table and slide the 2x4 along it to each hole position. Set the straight edge so the drilled edge of the 2x4 is right at the edge of the table.  You'll probably need some help hanging on to the 2x4 but it won't take long to get all your holes knocked out.

That's a plan! Hadn't considered horizontal boring. Roller stands will work as the third hand. 

Thanks a lot, Tony.

Excellent suggestion that works.  Gene, if you have one of these, you can clamp it to your fence.

https://www.rockler.com/universal-fence-clamps-with-clamp-it-square

Glad someone else has one of these sweet machines.  I am working on this old house and taking much of my time.  Hope to return sometime soon.