Learning this new drill press

I got my first full size (used) drill press today and I'm giving it the once over to see how well it works and what if anything needs replacing. So far the only thing I've found is the middle transfer pulley wobbles a fair amount when it's running. When off you can move it with moderate force. The manual calls the knobs on the side of the machine that appear to adjust it the belt tension lever and the belt tension lock knob. The middle pulley is mounted on a piece of steel bar that looks like it would pivot; and from the outward appearance it would seem that the large silver lever adjusts the pivot of the pulley and the smaller black one below it locks it in place. But after working the silver handle into all it's positions it doesn't seem to be affecting the middle pulley at all. Wonder what's going on here. Although the rest of the machine is in good shape I'm led to think something may be broken inside the body.

spacer.png