Friday April 2nd 2021-What's on Your Weekend Agenda?

Rate this topic

No dice on finishing the gaps anytime soon. Each time the lights get turned of, I spy a few more gaps. Plus, I fell the last three steps on the ladder yesterday. What kind of an idiot does ladder work in the dark?:PullingHair: Sore as the devil this AM. Might take today off. At least the climbing part.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got an offer for a non-functional baby grand for salvage.  Two of my daughters are interested if the dimensions fit their spot.   Potential adventure awaits.  

Tried my hand at a bandsawn box from some wood in the wood pile.  I tried to make the sides 3/8" and by the time I got rounded over edges and sanded, I think 1/2" would have worked better.  Also, my b

Was planning on getting my William and Mary table wrapped up...then found out Marie is having our daughter and here family over on Easter. It's the first family gathering here since last March and Mar

Posted Images

YIKES @Gene Howesounds like you were getting up on the roof... If gutters were the problem Id highly recommend the leaf guard gutters.  Expensive as crap yes.  I've never once had to climb up on my roof thankfully.  Aside that ladders are dangerous objects.  Cant walk under them with out having a stroke of bad luck and if you fall off them you wind up with a heap of medical bills. 

14 hours ago, kmealy said:

Needs a bit more finish and it's ready to go.

Look great from here Keith!  Thanks for the tips too, may try one one day.

17 hours ago, Gene Howe said:

Other than tired and hungry, I'm fine as a fiddle. 

Very glad to hear that Gene!

On 4/9/2021 at 5:09 PM, kmealy said:

Tried my hand at a bandsawn box from some wood in the wood pile.  I tried to make the sides 3/8" and by the time I got rounded over edges and sanded, I think 1/2" would have worked better.  Also, my bandsaw blade didn't like the 5/16" radius, so wider curves next time.  Had a few tries to get a pull handle that didn't overwhelm the box.  Needs a bit more finish and it's ready to go.

2021_04090002.JPG.77827847d8d14f1eb7f285230c3d336a.JPG2021_04090004.JPG.ee7cc9cf33c45c92a1acb4880d4be9e4.JPG2021_04090005.JPG.c4f8b18b7f9943fd986e0f7deba12d9e.JPG

Saw another video today with some variations.   

Rather than one loop to saw out the drawer, he cut the sides, top and bottom first, with a little 'bump' in each.  Then glued back together.   The 'bump' kept them aligned.  The inside corners were more square than radiused.

Then front and back of drawer, while the "carcass" dried.

Then glued on the back piece and cut the outside profile  of the whole box.

Because of four saw kerfs instead of one, he had to do a lot of sanding, relatively speaking, on the outside of the drawer to get it to fit into the opening.

Never saw that way before.

Edited by kmealy