Another "What is it"

I had the opportunity to obtain some old barn wood from a building that was being torn down.  During the process, I discovered this item. Don't have a clue what it was used for.  Below are several pictures of it.  This device measures 8' long and 5' high.

001.jpg.c437ccf8cc3aa923b7f41cbf2c4bcb74.jpg

Overall view

002.jpg.1e94ab2be2b476b1cad8e6cdb300fc35.jpg

Top right view.  Notice the measuring numbers and "tacks".  These tacks are on the long top only.

003.jpg.e95d77b03c4e0344d83487dfd135a9a8.jpg

Right side.  Measuring numbers are along both vertical legs.

Any clues, sires?  :unsure:

1 hour ago, Larry Buskirk said:

Neighbor had one of those, we didn't know what it was either. He put $100.00 on it, and it sold the first day.

Lady that bought it said it was for making tapestries/repairing oriental rugs.

I think you got it Larry. My mom had one too.

On 3/29/2021 at 3:26 PM, Ron Altier said:

Curtain stretcher.

The one I remember had "tacks" on at least 2 opposite sides, if not all 4 sides. But the units looked very similar to the one shown.

IIRC there was a metal clamp that let you adjust the length of the sides to accommodate different sizes of shears. Stretched the shear curtains back to size. Back in the day most shear curtains were made from cotton almost guaranteeing that they would shrink after laundering.  Haven't seen a stretcher in about 50 years. 

9 hours ago, smitty10101 said:

The one I remember had "tacks" on at least 2 opposite sides, if not all 4 sides. But the units looked very similar to the one shown.

IIRC there was a metal clamp that let you adjust the length of the sides to accommodate different sizes of shears. Stretched the shear curtains back to size. Back in the day most shear curtains were made from cotton almost guaranteeing that they would shrink after laundering.  Haven't seen a stretcher in about 50 years. 

My mom had one like you described with the "tacks" on all four sides.

I remember getting perforated by that thing. That led to my first tetanus shot! 

On 3/31/2021 at 8:13 AM, Fred Wilson said:

Smitty - this one has tacks on the top and along the left side.  None on the right side and no bottom frame.

Mr. Admin, sire - thank your for the input - I have never seen a quilt frame.  Guess southerners in Georgia don't quilt.

My Mother is a member of some Quilting club or another in Concord, Georgia.  The state, not the country...   :)