Everything needs a box.

FrederickH

57 minutes ago, Gerald said:

Box should do the trick. That chuck has more parts than any I have ever seen. How about a breakdown on what we are looking at and a review when you start using?

Just follow this link to the Clubman 100 Chuck and look at the recommended accessories for it. There were a few more jaw sets that I didn't get because of duplication. Everything is English made and I'm not sure of how it compares to other manufacturers of chucks/jaw sets. Perhaps Lew could offer some wisdom here? I'll do a review of things when I do use them. Looking forward to trying out the button jaws!!!

https://www.axminstertools.com/us/axminster-clubman-sk100-woodturning-chuck-3-4-x-16-tpi-106880

5 hours ago, lew said:

Love it!

Thanks Lew. I'm not pleased with how the painted design came out. The edges(paint lines) are rough. When I do projects like this, I always use scrap pieces of leftover wood. The top/bottom of the box is white pine and when I drew the lines(compass) they came out ragged(should have used poplar) because of the various hardness of the pine. When I tried to set them in better, it only made things worse. Throw in some old paint and you get the idea. To be done differently next time!

1 hour ago, Gunny said:

We are our own worst critics.  Just a thought....  I have done designs and used this method, taped off the area to be colored.  Then Gave to open part a  coat of shellac or poly, just one is enough.  Then remove tape and use dye, or stain.  Dye works better.  Once done a light sanding to smooth the single coat of poly and you can top coat or repeat for more colors.  Try it on a scrap piece.   

Thanks for the advice. How would you tape off the many curved sections on this pattern?

1 hour ago, FrederickH said:

Thanks for the advice. How would you tape off the many curved sections on this pattern?

Tough one, I used straight angles as that was desired effect.  To get that I used contact paper that was clear and cut out what I needed and applied to the wood.  Curves can be done freehand, even multiples by stacking the contact paper.  Or draw it out and cut as one unit then remove unwanted sections.  

Have some fun take some scrap and make something up and give it a try.  First time out use some inexpensive stain.