You can't get any faster than this!

Smallpatch

Dan check you place and see if they have # 4 x 1/2" sheet metal screws with flat heads.  I could only find stainless steel in that size. # 4 x 3/4" yes but couldn't find the 1/2" long ones. I like to use sheet metal screws for the threads are the same diameter top to bottom making it easier for a pilot hole with regular drill bits. I do grind a taper on old bits for some some holes but I put lots of holes in these carvings I do and the counter sink bits are faster to use.

I do like to use stainless steel for the phillips slots don't wear so bad.

Edited by Smallpatch

Steve, I'll be honest. I used McFeelys exclusively for probably 10-15 years and loved them...until Graingers bought them out. Now I find they are out of stock (often) and some of the screws are not the quality of what I used to get. Many of them are combo drive (versus square drive) now which I really dislike. But that's just my opinion. My problem is that when I searched for an alternative I couldn't find any I liked so I occasionally (and begrudgingly) buy from McFeelys.

Edited by Fred W. Hargis Jr

4 hours ago, Fred W. Hargis Jr said:

Steve, I'll be honest. I used McFeelys exclusively for probably 10-15 years and loved them...until Graingers bought them out. Now I find they are out of stock (often) and some of the screws are not the quality of what I used to get. 

Well I wondered what happened to them. I had used them maybe 20 years and then maybe 8 years ago just not the same