HOORAY...super bowl sunday is here.

Fred W. Hargis Jr

As a person who not only doesn't follow any spectator sports*, but particularly hates football, I'm happy to see the big game arrive. It signals the end of the season...as well as the end of the interruption of the regular TV schedule; especially the weekend evening news. So for me it's Good Riddance, but since I'm the only person in the continent that feels that way....for the rest of you: Enjoy the game!

*I do admit to watching the Daytona 500 from time to time, but that's more for nostalgia reasons than any real interest. I still remember the when it was REAL stock cars they raced.

1 hour ago, Fred W. Hargis Jr said:

I still remember the when it was REAL stock cars they raced.

Yea the days of "race what you brought" have long passed:mellow:. Once they introduced team racing and started designing all the brands to be equal they lost me as a fan. Back to the dirt tracks for me & route for the guy with the least money.

Super bowl on CBS or toenail operation on the Health network, tough call:ChinScratch:

As a kid, Superbowl Sunday meant only one thing, my favorite surf spots were less crowded all day and I'd take full advantage of that.

Now, it means another thing, my local target shooting BLM's are almost vacant of other shooters, so we have it all to ourselves! Heading out today!

NFL lost me completely these last few years. Just don't watch it at all.

2 hours ago, John Morris said:

As a kid, Superbowl Sunday meant only one thing, my favorite surf spots were less crowded all day and I'd take full advantage of that.

Ha, Ha, Showing your youth John. In my youth, there was no superbowl. Not even an AFL. Just 8 teams in the NFL. I enjoy football, it was the only sport I played in High School. The only school sports in those days were football, baseball and basketball.

Horrible game played by KC defense. Constantly making stupid mistakes that kept the ball in the hands of Tampa Bay, and very limited offence. Offensive blocking for Mahomes was terrible, and the number of dropped balls by receivers was totally unexcuseable. On the other side, Tampa Bay looked like they were there to play football. Definitely not the game expected for the Super Bowl.

Fred, you expressed my feelings and opinions precisely.  I have not watched football since OJ played for Ohio.  Whew!  Actually, all games are so boring to me, it is a great time to woodwork.   She turns on Hallmark and I get out as fast as I can.  I am addicted to sawdust and shavings.  

Archived