Delta 40-640 scroll saw

Al there is only two kinds of used scroll saws on the market, one kind is the guy bought it some time ago and used it one time and decided it was not his kind of woodworking...then sits on the shelf for 10 years then the other used scroll saw would be like the one I use all the time as most all the moving pieces are wore out and I am just too tight to get one of these others out and use one of them. So I hope you bought the first kind of a used saw.. Its old and lots of the parts are obsolete but maybe it has a few years left....I did swap over to a different 788 which all my saws, 8 of them are all 788's and even though they all have the same number they all are different in the things they do to the user..and another learning adjustment has to be made for each saw.

I don't remember how the blades lock in on that model and if they blades will stay locked in until the user releases it... and does the tension knob sit on the top back of the saw, if so that means lots of extra reaching where the 788 is on the top front right next to the sawer. Actually all the adjustments on a 788 is right close and easy to reach.