Bestest Husband

Artie

10 minutes ago, FlGatorwood said:

Artie, I concede to you for the bestest husband.  This will also be a blessing to you as she will be busy with projects allowing you time for your projects.  As others have said, you will need storage for fabric, additions, threads, etc.  When my wife developed MS and couldn't work anymore, I gave away so much fabric, thread, yarn and some of the stuff still occupies space in the garage which I could use to make it into a decent shop.  Oh, the cleaning is coming and will be done.  LOL

Years ago my sister informed me SHE was getting all of mother's sewing stuff when Mom passed.  I shrugged it off and thought no more about it.  So my Dad brings this up recently as she mentioned it to him, and he laughs.  I asked why?  Tells me that Mother has 9 toolboxes and an entire garage full of sewing stuff, floor to ceiling.  Never mind the 8 different machines she has for whatever they do. 

Reminds me that yes my sister gets that, and she can come pick it up herself as well.  :ChinScratch::ROFL:  Thinking when that days comes I will show up with a couple long cigars and a bottle of Vodka.  Maybe some chips and dip to watch the show.  My sister has no truck.

Our basement/sewing room is known as OverstockPatti.com.

I have learned:

The number of white shades of yarn & cloth can be found in the paint dept.

When holding a conversation with someone crocheting expect a delay in the response due to the process called "stich count".

When buying storage bins for the "sewing room" 50 in not enough.

50% off at the craft/fabric store is twice the regular cash spent. 

18 hours ago, FlGatorwood said:

Artie, I concede to you for the bestest husband.  This will also be a blessing to you as she will be busy with projects allowing you time for your projects.  As others have said, you will need storage for fabric, additions, threads, etc.  When my wife developed MS and couldn't work anymore, I gave away so much fabric, thread, yarn and some of the stuff still occupies space in the garage which I could use to make it into a decent shop.  Oh, the cleaning is coming and will be done.  LOL

Steve, Thank you.

FWIW, if you want/need to keep a bedroom option available, consider a Murphy bed.  I've done two of them, and SWMBO is pleased.  They take up about 16" deep floor space and fold down to full/queen size when needed.  A neat project too.

12 minutes ago, JimM said:

FWIW, if you want/need to keep a bedroom option available, consider a Murphy bed.  I've done two of them, and SWMBO is pleased.  They take up about 16" deep floor space and fold down to full/queen size when needed.  A neat project too.

No no and no.  That means comfort, comfort means they stay longer.  A cot set up next to that unit will discourage this staying a "bit" thingie.  :ROFL:

Archived