High Speed Steel gouges.....

Rate this topic

I'm still shopping around for HSS Steel gouges for my lathe.  How ever in doing plenty of research I've been looking at going with the Carter and Son tool sets.  But then again they are extremely expensive tools but I like the handles where I can just switch out the tools just with using and allen wrench.  But I'm debataing on that highly just because of the over all cost of the tools themselves.  Even my EWT tools are not as expensive as these...

https://carterandsontoolworks.com/collections

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you like the idea of being able to switch tools between handles, or using one handle for more than one tool I did a video on an economical way to do this several years ago. Uses wood you probably a

Food for thought. You may not want the same handle for multiple chisels. Sometimes it’s better to have a beefier handle on your large roughing gouge and a smaller diameter handle on your spindle gouge

@Steve Krumanakerwhere were you at when I bought all these expensive handles. Actually I have made handles and tapped for allen screws for this purpose.

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, AndrewB said:

I'm still shopping around for HSS Steel gouges for my lathe.  How ever in doing plenty of research I've been looking at going with the Carter and Son tool sets.  But then again they are extremely expensive tools but I like the handles where I can just switch out the tools just with using and allen wrench.  But I'm debataing on that highly just because of the over all cost of the tools themselves.  Even my EWT tools are not as expensive as these...

https://carterandsontoolworks.com/collections

I believe you can do the same thing with the Thompson tools.