Good Monday Morning Patriot Woodworkers! December 21, 2020

Rate this topic

36 minutes ago, John Morris said:

I just wanted to take this moment to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas

And a very happy & Merry Christmas right back atcha John!

On a personal note, our Army daughter made it back home to us this past Thursday, for a two week stay with us over the Christmas Holidays. We finally have all three of our pups under the same roof again, we couldn't be more happier!

What a Christmas gift!  I am very happy to hear that she is able to be home with y'all this Christmas.  Please give her a big salute from all of us here at TPW, we honor her service.

We've met our goal for our Wounded Warrior Christmas Family project!

Congrats on spearheading another successful WW Christmas Family project!

the USS Kidd Veterans Museum

What a labor of love that battleship was!  It is worthy of display in a museum for sure.  I am puzzled by the flag though.  In one pic it is the stars & stripes.  In another pic all I see is the field of stars?  Is there some optical illusion at work here?  The flag also changes direction in the way it is facing.

Edited by Cal

Got two bowls to finish off this morning, I woke up this morning to USGS alerts on my phone it seems that Kiluea Volcano has erupted so if you have any family in Hawaii Id check in.  I checked some sources internet twitter and a site and yes it did go off.

Working on two cherry boxes using my first attempt with my box joint jig.  

While sanding the joints with my belt sander, I managed to mangle the end of my left index finger!  5 stitches later, plan to get back at it tomorrow.  Fortunately not my trigger finger!

2DCD7991-9A3E-4649-8E00-32C5382881CC.jpeg.410251ba5e9249ada5e170c9047d14b5.jpegDE8DFC9D-9999-4BC9-AADC-A9F3C97C6513.jpeg.463dc480f71f87ba4087177ea65d3b67.jpegD512E368-3F1D-4EF8-925E-6317EB1CEE69.jpeg.48d392873e77489430c4dba5ba84471a.jpeg

Edited by JimM
resized photos